• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Surry

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I started to send Surry Side to the Duplicator last week and decided a couple of parts needed to be re-shot....so I combined going to Easter Dinner at Surrey House and videoing the parts I need to redo. I did OC and in fact I expect I clanked (I don't like that place).

No one said anything and I didn't see anyone at the Sheriffs office. There were a lot of NJ tourists floating around so I got a few looks but no panic or comments.

Sam at Surrey House said to tell everyone Hello.
BTW, Security has been cut to the bone and none of the VDOT staff knew if Wyche was still working. General Patton was on the Surry side and the Tard that keeps slapping his chest was on the James City Side.

They did get snappy new uniforms:uhoh:

sec1.jpg

Last edited:

ryan7068

As usual- "good on yah mate!"

Unfortuanately the only way the police will learn the law is when they're exposed to the edges of it. Im just glad our wasted tax dollars and their colleages imbarassment educated them some after skidmarks run-in. Glad to hear of no problems!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Will be looking forward to the handsome young photographer's next installment of a Ferry Tale.

Still have a buckets of Russian oil and its darker cousin that together with the duck fluff have not been put to their best use yet. :lol:

3fgburner

Wife and I came through there yesterday, coming back from a weekend in the Tidewater. Didn't stop at the Surry House, because we'd just broken fast at the Gazebo in Williamsburg. No search, did see one of the guys in my rearview, giving my VCDL sticker the hairy eyeball. :D