Thread: loaded, OC in Michigan?

loaded, OC in Michigan?

I know I can OC in Michigan, but can my gun be loaded? I watch some OC videos on youtube and it seems in some states you can OC, but not loaded. That makes no sense to me.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by backenj View Post
    I know I can OC in Michigan, but can my gun be loaded? I watch some OC videos on youtube and it seems in some states you can OC, but not loaded. That makes no sense to me.
    Yes loaded OC is legal. From this post it is clear you should do some more research before you oc.

I nicely suggest you go to the MI page of this forum & read all the stickies. At minimum read MSP legal update #86. After that, if you have questions just post them in a new thread. The folks there are always willing to help, myself included

PS There is an oc event coming up in Wyoming, MI soon. It always helps to see how others oc first hand if possible.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 04-08-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

thanks

As you can see I am new to hand guns. Long story short, my wife was VERY unsure of guns. We took an NRA Basic Pistol Class. We got to shoot a variety of guns. She relized that with training and knowledge they are safe. I just took my CPL class yesterday and will be turning in the app tomarrow. I have no intention of OC or CC. Not until I am more comfertable. CPL is for convenience of transportation and future purchasing. I would like to know more about the OC event. I live in Muskegon.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by backenj View Post
    As you can see I am new to hand guns. Long story short, my wife was VERY unsure of guns. We took an NRA Basic Pistol Class. We got to shoot a variety of guns. She relized that with training and knowledge they are safe. I just took my CPL class yesterday and will be turning in the app tomarrow. I have no intention of OC or CC. Not until I am more comfertable. CPL is for convenience of transportation and future purchasing. I would like to know more about the OC event. I live in Muskegon.
    Well, I am using a tiny tiny tablet so pasting links is a pain, but if you go to the MI page you will see the thread on the first page
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington