• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

loaded, OC in Michigan?

backenj

I know I can OC in Michigan, but can my gun be loaded? I watch some OC videos on youtube and it seems in some states you can OC, but not loaded. That makes no sense to me.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I know I can OC in Michigan, but can my gun be loaded? I watch some OC videos on youtube and it seems in some states you can OC, but not loaded. That makes no sense to me.

Yes loaded OC is legal. From this post it is clear you should do some more research before you oc. ;)

I nicely suggest you go to the MI page of this forum & read all the stickies. At minimum read MSP legal update #86. After that, if you have questions just post them in a new thread. The folks there are always willing to help, myself included :D

PS There is an oc event coming up in Wyoming, MI soon. It always helps to see how others oc first hand if possible.

Last edited:

backenj

thanks

As you can see I am new to hand guns. Long story short, my wife was VERY unsure of guns. We took an NRA Basic Pistol Class. We got to shoot a variety of guns. She relized that with training and knowledge they are safe. I just took my CPL class yesterday and will be turning in the app tomarrow. I have no intention of OC or CC. Not until I am more comfertable. CPL is for convenience of transportation and future purchasing. I would like to know more about the OC event. I live in Muskegon.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
As you can see I am new to hand guns. Long story short, my wife was VERY unsure of guns. We took an NRA Basic Pistol Class. We got to shoot a variety of guns. She relized that with training and knowledge they are safe. I just took my CPL class yesterday and will be turning in the app tomarrow. I have no intention of OC or CC. Not until I am more comfertable. CPL is for convenience of transportation and future purchasing. I would like to know more about the OC event. I live in Muskegon.

Well, I am using a tiny tiny tablet so pasting links is a pain, but if you go to the MI page you will see the thread on the first page :)