Thread: Why Open Carry Indeed?

Why Open Carry Indeed?

For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones. I don't even. Know if I would OC but that's not the point. That right was given to us over 236 years ago by some pretty smart fellows who by the way predicted that what has happened today would indeed happen if we weren't vigilant.

We already have all of the rights we need and shouldn't have to ask permission from gutless thieving politicians. I have been writing those fools on our state legislature and explaining things to them in my special way.....sarcasm, although it's probably lost on them. I have a CHL and I can't open carry except on my own property and that sucks. You go Open Carriers...I'm with you!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones.
    The first Texas law against concealed and open carry was "An Act to Regulate the Keeping and Bearing of Deadly Weapons, Law of April 12, 1871, ch. 34, 1, 1871 Tex. Gen. Laws 25" passed as part of the Reconstruction. That law was not substantially modified until 1995.
    http://www.txchia.org/history.htm
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones. I don't even. Know if I would OC but that's not the point. That right was given to us over 236 years ago by some pretty smart fellows who by the way predicted that what has happened today would indeed happen if we weren't vigilant.

We already have all of the rights we need and shouldn't have to ask permission from gutless thieving politicians. I have been writing those fools on our state legislature and explaining things to them in my special way.....sarcasm, although it's probably lost on them. I have a CHL and I can't open carry except on my own property and that sucks. You go Open Carriers...I'm with you!
    You got this part wrong. Our Founders gave us no such rights, or any rights at all for that matter. Our rights are ours from birth. What the Founders did was recognize that we are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and therefore their existence thereof.

Rights cannot be "given" by Man. Privilege, authority, and power.... yes, but not rights.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    You got this part wrong. Our Founders gave us no such rights, or any rights at all for that matter. Our rights are ours from birth. What the Founders did was recognize that we are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and therefore their existence thereof.

Rights cannot be "given" by Man. Privilege, authority, and power.... yes, but not rights.
    I always thought it was OUR Creator. DAMN! How could I have gotten that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    I always thought it was OUR Creator. DAMN! How could I have gotten that wrong?
    The quote is from the Declaration of Independence. I hardly think Thomas Jefferson got that wrong.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

The quote is from the Declaration of Independence. I hardly think Thomas Jefferson got that wrong.
    My most humble apologies. I stand corrected. Two or seventeen too many beers today.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    My most humble apologies. I stand corrected. Two or seventeen too many beers today.
    We're fine... and I hope I didn't come across a skosh harsh (kinda sounded like it when I just now read it again).

America First!

We're fine... and I hope I didn't come across a skosh harsh (kinda sounded like it when I just now read it again).
    Not at all. It was I who was in error. I jumped ahead of my brain. I stole it from that scarecrow. lol
    GODspeed