• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Open Carry Indeed?

ares338

For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones.:cuss: I don't even. Know if I would OC but that's not the point. That right was given to us over 236 years ago by some pretty smart fellows who by the way predicted that what has happened today would indeed happen if we weren't vigilant.

We already have all of the rights we need and shouldn't have to ask permission from gutless thieving politicians. :cuss: I have been writing those fools on our state legislature and explaining things to them in my special way.....sarcasm, although it's probably lost on them. I have a CHL and I can't open carry except on my own property and that sucks. You go Open Carriers...I'm with you!:banana:

ManInBlack

For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones.:cuss:

The first Texas law against concealed and open carry was "An Act to Regulate the Keeping and Bearing of Deadly Weapons, Law of April 12, 1871, ch. 34, §1, 1871 Tex. Gen. Laws 25" passed as part of the Reconstruction. That law was not substantially modified until 1995.

http://www.txchia.org/history.htm

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones.:cuss: I don't even. Know if I would OC but that's not the point. That right was given to us over 236 years ago by some pretty smart fellows who by the way predicted that what has happened today would indeed happen if we weren't vigilant.

We already have all of the rights we need and shouldn't have to ask permission from gutless thieving politicians. :cuss: I have been writing those fools on our state legislature and explaining things to them in my special way.....sarcasm, although it's probably lost on them. I have a CHL and I can't open carry except on my own property and that sucks. You go Open Carriers...I'm with you!:banana:

You got this part wrong. Our Founders gave us no such rights, or any rights at all for that matter. Our rights are ours from birth. What the Founders did was recognize that we are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and therefore their existence thereof.

Rights cannot be "given" by Man. Privilege, authority, and power.... yes, but not rights.

William Fisher

You got this part wrong. Our Founders gave us no such rights, or any rights at all for that matter. Our rights are ours from birth. What the Founders did was recognize that we are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and therefore their existence thereof.

Rights cannot be "given" by Man. Privilege, authority, and power.... yes, but not rights.

I always thought it was OUR Creator. DAMN! How could I have gotten that wrong?