Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Why Open Carry Indeed?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11

    Why Open Carry Indeed?

    For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones. I don't even. Know if I would OC but that's not the point. That right was given to us over 236 years ago by some pretty smart fellows who by the way predicted that what has happened today would indeed happen if we weren't vigilant.

    We already have all of the rights we need and shouldn't have to ask permission from gutless thieving politicians. I have been writing those fools on our state legislature and explaining things to them in my special way.....sarcasm, although it's probably lost on them. I have a CHL and I can't open carry except on my own property and that sucks. You go Open Carriers...I'm with you!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones.
    The first Texas law against concealed and open carry was "An Act to Regulate the Keeping and Bearing of Deadly Weapons, Law of April 12, 1871, ch. 34, 1, 1871 Tex. Gen. Laws 25" passed as part of the Reconstruction. That law was not substantially modified until 1995.
    http://www.txchia.org/history.htm
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  3. #3
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by ares338 View Post
    For the life of me I can't figure out why in the Great State of Texas we don't allow open carry. Actually, I do know why.......friggin' liberal state politicians and a governor with no cojones. I don't even. Know if I would OC but that's not the point. That right was given to us over 236 years ago by some pretty smart fellows who by the way predicted that what has happened today would indeed happen if we weren't vigilant.

    We already have all of the rights we need and shouldn't have to ask permission from gutless thieving politicians. I have been writing those fools on our state legislature and explaining things to them in my special way.....sarcasm, although it's probably lost on them. I have a CHL and I can't open carry except on my own property and that sucks. You go Open Carriers...I'm with you!
    You got this part wrong. Our Founders gave us no such rights, or any rights at all for that matter. Our rights are ours from birth. What the Founders did was recognize that we are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and therefore their existence thereof.

    Rights cannot be "given" by Man. Privilege, authority, and power.... yes, but not rights.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  4. #4
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    You got this part wrong. Our Founders gave us no such rights, or any rights at all for that matter. Our rights are ours from birth. What the Founders did was recognize that we are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" and therefore their existence thereof.

    Rights cannot be "given" by Man. Privilege, authority, and power.... yes, but not rights.
    I always thought it was OUR Creator. DAMN! How could I have gotten that wrong?

  5. #5
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    I always thought it was OUR Creator. DAMN! How could I have gotten that wrong?
    The quote is from the Declaration of Independence. I hardly think Thomas Jefferson got that wrong.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  6. #6
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    The quote is from the Declaration of Independence. I hardly think Thomas Jefferson got that wrong.
    My most humble apologies. I stand corrected. Two or seventeen too many beers today.

  7. #7
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    My most humble apologies. I stand corrected. Two or seventeen too many beers today.
    We're fine... and I hope I didn't come across a skosh harsh (kinda sounded like it when I just now read it again).
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  8. #8
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    We're fine... and I hope I didn't come across a skosh harsh (kinda sounded like it when I just now read it again).
    Not at all. It was I who was in error. I jumped ahead of my brain. I stole it from that scarecrow. lol
    GODspeed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •