• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SHTF firearm choices

tombrewster421

How bout an AK pistol? Like this.
c6e4dc78-e5f7-4b9a.jpg

Rounds are cheap and it's sort of a rifle and a pistol.
Plus it just looks badass. ;)

I just need a suppressor for it.

09jisaac

Oopsie. *bites finger*

Still another rifle in there. Unless it has a rifled barrel it is just a gun or a firearm.

But without your mistakes I do agree with you about it being a good all around gun. I just don't think it is good enough to replace a rifle in most situations. It would do good to supplement it though.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I'd go with my AK-47 in 7.62x39 and my 1911 in .45ACP. If I can't survive with that, the zombies are going to get me no matter what I do.

Jack House

I eat whatever I want and don't for about whether I'm going to like the food in a SHTF situation because I know that it will only take two weeks most to adjust to whatever new food I am eating.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

gunns

That's right, 12 gauge! I know, I've been preaching about carrying capacity all this time, but think about it: 12 ga is brutally effective, one of the most common types of ammo available next to 9mm, .223 and .357, cheaper than rifle rounds, easy to maintain, and extremely versatile. You can load it up with everything between bird shot, rubber bullets, buck shot and rifled slugs. And if you run out of those but have some powder and primers, you can reload your spent shells with BBs, nuts and bolts, or any piece of metal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.308#The_.308_Winchester_as_a_parent_case

I forgot the 12 gauge, how could I? I have a trusty pump I have had since I was 14 years old, light weight and solid. I was once told by someone, don't remember who, but he said shooting a 12 gauge with double ought buckshot was like being hit by 32, 38 caliber revolvers at once.

Last edited:

09jisaac

I forgot the 12 gauge, how could I? I have a trusty pump I have had since I was 14 years old, light weight and solid. I was once told by someone, don't remember who, but he said shooting a 12 gauge with double ought buckshot was like being hit by 32, 38 caliber revolvers at once.

I don't think I am understanding what you are saying with this. A 00 is a .33 in projectile, they usually have 8 in a shell if wikipedia is right. So that is like being hit with 8 .33 caliber projectiles at once.

tombrewster421

Look again...

It's a Draco...

:D

Hey look at that :)
I just thought it was your AR pistol.
I wish I could justify putting optics on mine that are more expensive than the gun. I don't have anything else that could share it like you do though.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

How far can you get packing all those firearms?

You know, I got to thinking about the whole multiple firearm thing, and since I have a .22 conversion kit for my Beretta 92FS, I could do without the shotgun, and just have two handguns in one. I would say a sub-2000 that take Beretta 92FS magazines--I had one before, it was nice.

So: .22, 9mm.

KYKevin

You know, I got to thinking about the whole multiple firearm thing, and since I have a .22 conversion kit for my Beretta 92FS, I could do without the shotgun, and just have two handguns in one. I would say a sub-2000 that take Beretta 92FS magazines--I had one before, it was nice.

So: .22, 9mm.

Oh yes. I love my sub 2000. Tales glock mag. in 40 cal. I have 9 30 rd mags.

KYKevin

How does it [objectively] compare to the Beretta CX4? The only pistol it shares a magazine with is the PX4, but other than that, how do they compare?

EDIT: It also shares magazines with the Beretta 92/96 and Cougar pistols.

I have never used a Beretta CX4 so I honestly could not tell you.

I also like how it can easily fold to store if you need to store it in your back pack. 18 inches folded if I am correct.

DrakeZ07

Smith & Wesson iBolt .30-06; two ammo cans reserved for it. - Mine.
Panther DPMS .223 w/ EOTech sight; another two cans of ammo for it. - Boyfriend's.
Hi-Point .45 ACP Laser undersling; One ammo can for it. - Boyfriend's.
Hi-Point .40SW vanilla; Working on a can for it. - Mine.
Romanian WASR-10/AK-47; One ammo can for it. - Boyfriend's.

Plus, BF has some Tannerite in storage, and he's a former marine, who got me into the SHTF planning; Which means He's got everything organized to load up our Vehicles, and has maps printed out with best routes to use in case of the Zombie Apocalypse. We've got two 50gal Drums of Regular petrol/fuel that can be tied down to each vehicle's roof, so we can always keep moving. Both are Jeeps, so we got the 4X4 portion covered.

:3

I'm not sure if my response fits to the guidelines the OP set, but yeah... Not revealing too much details, for, as my BF puts it "OPSEC", or whatever it was.

Last edited: