• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am the real George Zimmerman. Zimmerman speaks, raises funds on new website

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Zi...ite/-/1637132/10364842/-/yf5r7jz/-/index.html
CNN Staff said:
"I am the real George Zimmerman," declares the website, set up over the weekend.

"On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries."

Zimmerman's "life altering event" was the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an act that the neighborhood watch volunteer told Sanford, Florida, police was an act of self-defense. Zimmerman has not been charged with a crime in Martin's death, a fact that has provoked demonstrations and calls that he be prosecuted for killing the teen.

The statement posted on therealgeorgezimmerman.com warns viewers that "some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my 'Defense Fund' or 'Legal Fund.' I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time."

But the site includes a link through which viewers can donate money to pay for Zimmerman's lawyers and living expenses "in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment." Zimmerman pledges to "personally maintain accountability of all funds received."
When I tried to compare the hit-counter indications (00051) after posting this, the site sent a "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" error." "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." - Apache Server at www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com Port 80

Last edited:

VW_Factor

It was registered through a company called Domains by Proxy. They register the domain for you, so your information isn't listed. Mostly done for people who are up to no good.

Its a nice thought really, but you can put whatever information you want on your domain.. Doesn't mean you need to put your home address and **** on there. :lol:

I doubt its real, not with a domain name like that.

Tawnos

It was registered through a company called Domains by Proxy. They register the domain for you, so your information isn't listed. Mostly done for people who are up to no good.
What are you smoking? Most domains are registered anonymously through some proxy nowadays - godaddy, dreamhost, whatever. Has nothing to do with being "up to no good."

Gotta love the class act that is exhibited by having an "album" with tagged buildings on it.

Jack House

People that do not consent our object to warrantless searches are up to no good.

See how that works? People that use domain by proxy are simply smart and wish not to have all their personal information plastered on the net for the whole world to see. Of course there are also those that do not want to have that domain associated with them. But not necessarily because they are upto no good. Could be any number of reasons.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

wrightme

Its a nice thought really, but you can put whatever information you want on your domain.. Doesn't mean you need to put your home address and **** on there. :lol:

I doubt its real, not with a domain name like that.
Nope, not accurate.

People that do not consent our object to warrantless searches are up to no good.

See how that works? People that use domain by proxy are simply smart and wish not to have all their personal information plastered on the net for the whole world to see. Of course there are also those that do not want to have that domain associated with them. But not necessarily because they are upto no good. Could be any number of reasons.

Yes, accurate.

I have a couple domain names registered, with associated websites. I have my registration information hidden so it doesn't show up to everyone.

I am not 'up to no good.' I do it so I don't get contacted by those without a 'need to know.'

Jack House

I do it for two reasons, one I don't want my personal information all over the internet. Two, my website, while fully legal, is best kept separate from my personal. It's not that I am up to no good, it's that people are stupid and will either not understand the purpose of the site or deliberately twist to suit their own agenda.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Getting back on topic -

The news is full of a) Zimmerman's attorneys withdawing themselves from representation because b) Zimmerman seems to have vanished - no more phone contact with his attorneys and nobody else that has been a "spokesperson" for him says they have had contact with him recently.

There is speculation in the press and elsewhere that Zimmerman may be experiencing PTSD and that his "vanishing" may be related to that.

Therefore, I'm going to wait and see what the Special State's Attorney decides to do, and then what Zimmerman does in response to that. If he is charged he will have a fair amount of time to raise defense funds, either on his own, through his attorney(s), or through friends/supporters.

stay safe.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I do not believe that Zimmerman or the courts have acknowledged these as counsel of record. They may be smelling the ordure d' ambulance.

markand

Zimmerman has allegedly been in contact with the prosecutor's office directly (no attorney involved). Prosecutor says she will have a news conference Friday with "new information" or some kind of announcement. I'm guessing she'll announce that no criminal charges will be filed. Zimmerman probably feels a need to go into deep hiding for his own safety.

Beretta92FSLady

So, we have:

-“Let me emphasize that we do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition.
"
-"investigation was driven by “the search for justice for Trayvon.”
-“It was less than three weeks ago that we told those sweet parents that we would get answers,”
-“If Stand Your Ground becomes an issue, we will fight it,"
-"Ms. Corey announced that she had decided not to convene a grand jury to investigate the shooting and would herself make the ultimate decision as to whether to charge Mr. Zimmerman"

It sounds a lot like Ms. Corey is doing this out of perceived public pressure, IMO.

"“We did not come to this decision lightly,” Ms. Corey said. She added, “Let me emphasize that we do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition.
“We will continue to seek the truth about this case,” she said.

Ms. Corey opened the news conference by saying that she had spoken to Trayvon Martin’s parents shortly after she took on the case, and that the investigation was driven by “the search for justice for Trayvon.”

“It was less than three weeks ago that we told those sweet parents that we would get answers,” she said.

Critical to the case is the question of whether or not the shooting fell under Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, which gives wide leeway to people who claim self-defense, and which does not require people to retreat before using deadly force.

Ms. Corey said that her office regularly deals with Stand Your Ground motions. “If Stand Your Ground becomes an issue, we will fight it,” she said. Earlier this week, Ms. Corey announced that she had decided not to convene a grand jury to investigate the shooting and would herself make the ultimate decision as to whether to charge Mr. Zimmerman" http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/us/zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-shooting.html?_r=1&hp

Last edited:

rodbender

I, too, think it was public pressure.

I, too, will be donating to his defense. As soon as something solid appears that is definitely NOT a ripoff or scam.

I think that she may be hoping a judge throws it out for lack of evidence so she can say "I tried, blame the judge".

since9

Campaign Veteran
It's real, folks

Zimmerman did indeed set up a website in his own defense. This may or may not be it. (I doubt it myself)

As soon as I know for sure, I'll be doing what I can to help this gent defend himself against the amassed likes of the black/anti-white un-racists who're falsely plastering his name all over town.