Thread: Wake up call for the State of Maine

Wake up call for the State of Maine

According to Nappen, Ferrara applied for a license but never received a response from Streeter. New Hampshire law requires a police chief to either approve or deny a license application within 14 days. Any denials must be written and delivered to the applicant.

WAKE UP CALL FOR THE STATE OF MAINE
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Unfortunately Maine has no legal recourse for applicants in it's statutes equivalent to New Hampshire's RSA 159:6-e and 159:6-f.
    Link to 6-e
    Link to 6-f

Following an inquiry made by my State Rep. I received a letter from the Attorney General's office saying in essence that A.G. Schneider supports municipal issuing authorities who make it more difficult for residents to get permits than the Department of Public Safety does for non-residents. According to them, an applicant's only recourse is to file suit at his own expense in Superior Court and fight against taxpayer funded attorneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_JMB View Post
    Unfortunately Maine has no legal recourse for applicants in it's statutes equivalent to New Hampshire's RSA 159:6-e and 159:6-f.
    Link to 6-e
    Link to 6-f

Following an inquiry made by my State Rep. I received a letter from the Attorney General's office saying in essence that A.G. Schneider supports municipal issuing authorities who make it more difficult for residents to get permits than the Department of Public Safety does for non-residents. According to them, an applicant's only recourse is to file suit at his own expense in Superior Court and fight against taxpayer funded attorneys.
    I was told by a lawyer when I discussed a possible suit against portland in the past that in Maine the losing party pays can be adjudicated to pay the attorney fees of the winning party.

JEFF- According to them, an applicant's only recourse is to file suit at his own expense in Superior Court and fight against taxpayer funded attorneys.
    Maine AG's office took an oath to preserve and protect the Maine Constitution. Article 1 Sections 16 is simple: To keep and bear arms. Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063