• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC vs OC

neuroblades

Thanks for the invite...hope I can make it. Where is it?

There will be two different OC M&G's going on over the next couple of weeks actually. There will be one in Lexington at Golden Corral on April 14th at 12 noon, I think it was. And then there will one in Ashalnd at Golden Corral on April 21st at 12 noon. :)

Maybe we could get Golden Corral to sponsor the OC Meet & Greets! *LOL*

neuroblades

If Reference to OC Versus CC.

As has been stated here already, there are positives & negatives to each form of carry. This is due to the types of people we might happen to encounter while doing either. I'm not talking about the innocents that you will obviously encounter, they're not a problem that we really have to worry about after all.

There are two types that you DO have you worry about though and BOTH are Bad Guys:

Group #1 - The average "run of the mill" thief. This person just wants to get in, get the money & get the h*ll out with as little problems as possible, if any!
Group #2 - The hardened criminal. This person wants what they want and they DO NOT care about who or what they have to do to get it. This group is definitely not above killing anyone to achieve their desired goal!

OC will almost always discourage Group #1 from they desired goal as they don't want to have to face down someone that could put an end to their existence, they just want to get the money or goods and get away as quick as possible.

OC will NOT discourage Group #2, in fact by virtue of someone OC'ing and not being situationally aware of their surroundings, it can and very possible will only serve to aid them with additional access to a weapon!

CC will keep you "undercover", for lack of a better direct term, from anyone else knowing that you're carrying. But with CC, just like with OC, it requires you to be better trained to deploy your chosen weapon as quickly as you possibly can and to then be able to carry through in using it! Let's face facts, the reason criminals have the upper hand is because they do not have to follow the law and they carry illegally concealed in the majority of cases! NO ONE knows who they are, what their intentions are or even that they're carrying until it's too late for the average citizen. CC allows the law abiding citizen a measure of security that the OC'er doesn't have, it also allows the CC'er to be able to engage the criminal on their own grounds if taken by surprise.

Me personally, I carry in both OC & CC modes, depending upon where I'm going, what I'm doing and with whom I might be encountering.

There is one very interesting fact though, in all my years working in Florida, I NEVER encountered a bad guy, when arrested, that was carrying in a holster!

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

My wardrobe is scant in those colors. You'll have to settle for brown, white or blue with me.

Ooooh~ Blue is always a good option for spring, to living the mood, and to bring out one's natural facial and eye colour~ and with the weather going to be warm, it's a nice light colour to keep you cool~ ^~^