• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another Bank teller going crazy.

arkluball

I think we're all missing the point here: 90k?!?!? Are you single?

KIDDING :)))

No I am married. But we are going through a divorce. Got married like the rest of the Marines when we where over in Cali. Well she still lives over there. She does not know about any of my assests and I know nothing of hers. We agreed that we will just get the divorce and not try to claim anything. Not sure exactly what it's called. But I am sure if she found out she would change her mind in a heartbeat -______-

DangerClose

For a brief moment, the thought entered my mind of, "$90,000 is a lot of money to carry in cash on the street."

And then a moment later I thought, "Oh, no worries, HE'S ARMED." hahaha :lol:

Last edited:

arkluball

For a brief moment, the thought entered my mind of, "$90,000 is a lot of money to carry in cash on the street."

And then a moment later I thought, "Oh, no worries, HE'S ARMED." hahaha :lol:

Yeah haha. But the other bank was only 2 min drive down the road.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act.

No I am married. But we are going through a divorce. Got married like the rest of the Marines when we where over in Cali. Well she still lives over there. She does not know about any of my assests and I know nothing of hers. We agreed that we will just get the divorce and not try to claim anything. Not sure exactly what it's called. But I am sure if she found out she would change her mind in a heartbeat -______-
I pray that you are familiar with 10 USC 1408, the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act (USFSPA). I'll bet that her lawyer is very familiar with it.

arkluball

I pray that you are familiar with 10 USC 1408, the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act (USFSPA). I'll bet that her lawyer is very familiar with it.

well from what we talked about, we are just filing papers, and signing them. no 50/50 nothing. And I don't think she is really worried because she has/makes more money than I did when I was in the military and even now. She makes over 100k a year. I only make about 50k a year. Sad but she works in research field. So that is exspected. I work in Criminal Justice field.

Last edited:

Spirit4earth

Sorry to hear about your divorce. I sure didn't mean to open any wounds. Apology offered.

1FASTC4

Shenanigans.

I don't know of any branch type banks that typically have that kind of cash on hand. You mentioned that you insisted on cash. I'm gonna politely call BS that you received 90k in cash right then and there. A CC I'd believe... cash.... shenanigans.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I OC in Chase all the time and usually seem to get exceptional service.

Twice I've been approached by the manager while at the end of the line, ushered into his office and had my transaction handled by him usually leaving the bank before the person that was in front of me in line.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

OC for ME

90K worth of Benjamins is about 9 stacks of 10K (100 x 100) which is a little less than 4 inches high. If you patronize a bank that can't give you 90K in cash, your money by the way, upon demand, then find another bank.

MKEgal

VW_Factor said:
The branches around these parts are pathetic.
...(they loaded the bank bags with checks, and MOs into a personal vehicle)
Sounds like that particular branch is pathetic.
Very poor judgment:
- loading bags of cash in front of the bank
- leaving car running
- leaving car open
- leaving keys in car
- leaving car/$ unguarded
I can see using a POV to transport the money if it were business deposits, but for a bank??
Hire an armored car, with people who are used to doing it & keeping the property safe.