Thread: If This Happened To You ???

If This Happened To You ???

?!?!
    Last edited by scott58dh; 06-30-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Only six months late??
    Last edited by 223to45; 04-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.
    --- Arkansas Supreme Court, Wilson v. State (1878)

If this happened to you ?

You have to thank the state of NEW YORK for their gun laws it really helps the criminals free reign of terror . My heart goes out to the citizens of New York they really need to fight for their rights more for self defense , If that happened here in Michigan I am sure the shooter would have wound up shot back .

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    Only 6 months or 6 YEARS LATE... what difference does it make ?!?!?

My point being, in light of recent events,,, = ** Mr. Z in Fla.**,,,, what is a person to do if they're just walking down the street and some idiot comes flying out of a building blasting away ?!?!??

Do YOU have a PLAN !!!!

I'm just attempting to bring to realization that there's a War going on out there and "WE" John Q. Public must be ready at all times, like it or not, we know the enemy & the enemy all too often is ...US...!!!

It's bad enough that we have to send OUR soldiers abroad to "Protect" us from the ***Terrorists*** when in all actuality,,, most of the Terrorism is right in our own back yard, streets, homes,,,Et al.

When are we going to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" !?!?!? /;<O
    You understand it woulda helped if you had said that in the first post?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Who let Nancy Grace on the forum?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

If this happened to me I would have been the victim of an abduction - most likely by extraterrestial aliens. There are many reasons why I will not willingly go to NYC.

But even if I have the best of plas in a locale where none of my self defense tools are forbidden, there's not much I could do except dive for what I hoped was cover.

If I read the article correctly, victim and shooter had some sort of argument/disagreement shortly before the incident. This is a good example of why you try to remain polite and why when you are not/cannot be successful your better next move is to withdraw (not just go inside some public place but leave the area). There is no information provided about how long it took for the alleged accomplices to pass the gun to the shooter, but I am willing to guess it did not happen instantaneously.

I just cannot close without making the following comment: A .32 revolver?!? In New York City? That almost has to be the shooter's grandfather's gun. And his homies do not make fun of him because he does not have (cannot afford?) a Glock? Or has he taken "Old Style Gangsta" to its ultimate? IThere are so many questions and so few answers.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Only 6 months or 6 YEARS LATE... what difference does it make ?!?!?

My point being, in light of recent events,,, = ** Mr. Z in Fla.**,,,, what is a person to do if they're just walking down the street and some idiot comes flying out of a building blasting away ?!?!??

Do YOU have a PLAN !!!!

I'm just attempting to bring to realization that there's a War going on out there and "WE" John Q. Public must be ready at all times, like it or not, we know the enemy & the enemy all too often is ...US...!!!

It's bad enough that we have to send OUR soldiers abroad to "Protect" us from the ***Terrorists*** when in all actuality,,, most of the Terrorism is right in our own back yard, streets, homes,,,Et al.

If you believe that 'most of the terrorism is right in our own back yard blah blah blah', then move to a better neighborhood. I don't see any terrorists in my neck of the woods, haven't seen any terrorists, ever, not one.

Don't include me in your tinfoil hat 'the enemy all too often is ...US...!!!' crap.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Well, me being in Missouri, 'bath salts' or meth problems likely started here and spread across the country, as bad as we have the problem. We ain't called the Meth Capital of the country fer nuthin.

But we don't call these wastes of human flesh terrorists, felonious criminals, you bet, terrorists, nope.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Do YOU have a PLAN !!!!

If I'm on the street and someone comes out blasting my plan and hope is that I'll be able to duck and cover before I'm in his sights. If I'm able to think then I'll assess the situation and do what I can to make sure I'm alive at the end of the day. What kind of plan do you suggest?

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

The text of the story says the guy that got shot had just had an argument with the shooter. The shooter had accomplices that gave him the gun in order to get him.

There is nothing random about this incidence. I fail to see the "war" in two guys arguing and one shooting the other. It has happened a lot of times ever since firearms were invented.

The rule of not going where there may be trouble would work here for someone like me.

If someone wants to shoot me randomly, say while I'm stopped at an intersection. I'm dead. You can't defend evey possibility without turning into a Howard Hughes hermit, I think.

That said, if it's "on" and there have been random shootings already, with the likelihood of more, then we need to know the signs of what to look out for and pick up on them in our situational awareness. Then act accordingly.

Founder's Club Member
    To Citizen, Skidmark & OC for ME... and all interested.

To put things plainly, the "Terrorists" which I have referenced, I am speaking specifically of the ***DRUG USERS, HOME INVADERS & PUNKS THAT "think !" THEY OWN THE STREETS.

In my neck of the woods, = Bangor Me., we have an epidemic transpiring called "BATH SALTS" users ( a synthetic drug, do a search).

It morphs "normal" peeps into the Incredible Hulk !!!

Seriously, the bath heads get Tazed, Taken Down & Cuffed but they are still unaffected by all forms of restraint.

That is the ****Terrorism*** that I'm Talking about.

So, in my little world in Bangor Maine,,,,,,, THIS is a Hot Topic !!!
    You understand I'm not discussing what you said, but when you said it?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Ya know, I'm not too terribly fond of druggies myself. But terrorists they are not. Again, who let Nancy Grace in?

I'm with Skidmark, I try to avoid confrontation when possible. When it is not, I try to keep the confrontation verbal with as little physical contact as possible, so as to avoid a fight. What happens if I can not avoid a fight? I don't know, because I haven't been that far yet. I'm either pretty good at talking people down from a fight, pretty lucky or both. But I haven't been in a fight in probably a decade or more.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Ya know, I'm not too terribly fond of druggies myself. But terrorists they are not. Again, who let Nancy Grace in?

I'm with Skidmark, I try to avoid confrontation when possible. When it is not, I try to keep the confrontation verbal with as little physical contact as possible, so as to avoid a fight. What happens if I can not avoid a fight? I don't know, because I haven't been that far yet. I'm either pretty good at talking people down from a fight, pretty lucky or both. But I haven't been in a fight in probably a decade or more.

It is just more of the misdirection from this particular user/poster - I strongly suggest he read our new rule #20 in the Forum Rules.

Moved this thread from Hot Topics which it is definitely not
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I feel like there's a song and dance routine from "Music Man" coming. But instead it would be a musical called "CC Man"...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump