• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If This Happened To You ???

michaelm_ski

If this happened to you ?

You have to thank the state of NEW YORK for their gun laws it really helps the criminals free reign of terror . My heart goes out to the citizens of New York they really need to fight for their rights more for self defense , If that happened here in Michigan I am sure the shooter would have wound up shot back .

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Only 6 months or 6 YEARS LATE... what difference does it make ?!?!?

My point being, in light of recent events,,, = ** Mr. Z in Fla.**,,,, what is a person to do if they're just walking down the street and some idiot comes flying out of a building blasting away ?!?!??

Do YOU have a PLAN !!!!

I'm just attempting to bring to realization that there's a War going on out there and "WE" John Q. Public must be ready at all times, like it or not, we know the enemy & the enemy all too often is ...US...!!!

It's bad enough that we have to send OUR soldiers abroad to "Protect" us from the ***Terrorists*** when in all actuality,,, most of the Terrorism is right in our own back yard, streets, homes,,,Et al.

When are we going to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" !?!?!? /;<O

You understand it woulda helped if you had said that in the first post?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If this happened to me I would have been the victim of an abduction - most likely by extraterrestial aliens. There are many reasons why I will not willingly go to NYC.

But even if I have the best of plas in a locale where none of my self defense tools are forbidden, there's not much I could do except dive for what I hoped was cover.

If I read the article correctly, victim and shooter had some sort of argument/disagreement shortly before the incident. This is a good example of why you try to remain polite and why when you are not/cannot be successful your better next move is to withdraw (not just go inside some public place but leave the area). There is no information provided about how long it took for the alleged accomplices to pass the gun to the shooter, but I am willing to guess it did not happen instantaneously.

I just cannot close without making the following comment: A .32 revolver?!? In New York City? That almost has to be the shooter's grandfather's gun. And his homies do not make fun of him because he does not have (cannot afford?) a Glock? Or has he taken "Old Style Gangsta" to its ultimate? IThere are so many questions and so few answers. :banghead:

stay safe.

OC for ME

Only 6 months or 6 YEARS LATE... what difference does it make ?!?!?

My point being, in light of recent events,,, = ** Mr. Z in Fla.**,,,, what is a person to do if they're just walking down the street and some idiot comes flying out of a building blasting away ?!?!??

Do YOU have a PLAN !!!!

I'm just attempting to bring to realization that there's a War going on out there and "WE" John Q. Public must be ready at all times, like it or not, we know the enemy & the enemy all too often is ...US...!!!

It's bad enough that we have to send OUR soldiers abroad to "Protect" us from the ***Terrorists*** when in all actuality,,, most of the Terrorism is right in our own back yard, streets, homes,,,Et al.

If you believe that 'most of the terrorism is right in our own back yard blah blah blah', then move to a better neighborhood. I don't see any terrorists in my neck of the woods, haven't seen any terrorists, ever, not one.

Don't include me in your tinfoil hat 'the enemy all too often is ...US...!!!' crap.

OC for ME

Well, me being in Missouri, 'bath salts' or meth problems likely started here and spread across the country, as bad as we have the problem. We ain't called the Meth Capital of the country fer nuthin.

But we don't call these wastes of human flesh terrorists, felonious criminals, you bet, terrorists, nope.

Steeler-gal

Do YOU have a PLAN !!!!

If I'm on the street and someone comes out blasting my plan and hope is that I'll be able to duck and cover before I'm in his sights. If I'm able to think then I'll assess the situation and do what I can to make sure I'm alive at the end of the day. What kind of plan do you suggest?

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

CommonMan101

The text of the story says the guy that got shot had just had an argument with the shooter. The shooter had accomplices that gave him the gun in order to get him.

There is nothing random about this incidence. I fail to see the "war" in two guys arguing and one shooting the other. It has happened a lot of times ever since firearms were invented.

The rule of not going where there may be trouble would work here for someone like me.

If someone wants to shoot me randomly, say while I'm stopped at an intersection. I'm dead. You can't defend evey possibility without turning into a Howard Hughes hermit, I think.

That said, if it's "on" and there have been random shootings already, with the likelihood of more, then we need to know the signs of what to look out for and pick up on them in our situational awareness. Then act accordingly.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
To Citizen, Skidmark & OC for ME... and all interested.

To put things plainly, the "Terrorists" which I have referenced, I am speaking specifically of the ***DRUG USERS, HOME INVADERS & PUNKS THAT "think !" THEY OWN THE STREETS.

In my neck of the woods, = Bangor Me., we have an epidemic transpiring called "BATH SALTS" users ( a synthetic drug, do a search).

It morphs "normal" peeps into the Incredible Hulk !!!

Seriously, the bath heads get Tazed, Taken Down & Cuffed but they are still unaffected by all forms of restraint.

That is the ****Terrorism*** that I'm Talking about.

So, in my little world in Bangor Maine,,,,,,, THIS is a Hot Topic !!!

You understand I'm not discussing what you said, but when you said it?

Jack House

Ya know, I'm not too terribly fond of druggies myself. But terrorists they are not. Again, who let Nancy Grace in?

I'm with Skidmark, I try to avoid confrontation when possible. When it is not, I try to keep the confrontation verbal with as little physical contact as possible, so as to avoid a fight. What happens if I can not avoid a fight? I don't know, because I haven't been that far yet. I'm either pretty good at talking people down from a fight, pretty lucky or both. But I haven't been in a fight in probably a decade or more.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ya know, I'm not too terribly fond of druggies myself. But terrorists they are not. Again, who let Nancy Grace in?

I'm with Skidmark, I try to avoid confrontation when possible. When it is not, I try to keep the confrontation verbal with as little physical contact as possible, so as to avoid a fight. What happens if I can not avoid a fight? I don't know, because I haven't been that far yet. I'm either pretty good at talking people down from a fight, pretty lucky or both. But I haven't been in a fight in probably a decade or more.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

It is just more of the misdirection from this particular user/poster - I strongly suggest he read our new rule #20 in the Forum Rules.

Moved this thread from Hot Topics which it is definitely not

WalkingWolf

I feel like there's a song and dance routine from "Music Man" coming. But instead it would be a musical called "CC Man"...