• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

national park OC-Appalachain Trail

love4guns

Just got off the phone with 3 different National Park Rangers. Glad to say that all of them told me OC is now allowed on the A.T. I just wanted to verify that info with a few OC'ers out there-particulary Peter Nap. They said even though most of the trail is located in National Forest land, the foot trail itself is NPS land. Therefore OCing is now okay, this is great if this is true. Can someone out there please confirm this info...??

Spirit4earth

I would just research whether you need to adhere to the laws of the states the trail passes through. Get the info from a few different sources so you can be absolutely sure it's okay.

love4guns

I would just research whether you need to adhere to the laws of the states the trail passes through. Get the info from a few different sources so you can be absolutely sure it's okay.

Thats excatly what the rangers said is that ocing depends on the state law. Since im only doing the VA portion im good according to them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just got off the phone with 3 different National Park Rangers. Glad to say that all of them told me OC is now allowed on the A.T. I just wanted to verify that info with a few OC'ers out there-particulary Peter Nap. They said even though most of the trail is located in National Forest land, the foot trail itself is NPS land. Therefore OCing is now okay, this is great if this is true. Can someone out there please confirm this info...??

That is good information...Thanks!

What a nightmare trying to stay legal..:banghead:

mk4

That is good information...Thanks!

What a nightmare trying to stay legal..:banghead:

hey! how about nat'l constitutional carry and no preemption of the 2A! :banana:

yeah... i know... the hot place will freeze, thaw and freeze again a million million times before that'll happen. :banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
hey! how about nat'l constitutional carry and no preemption of the 2A! :banana:

yeah... i know... the hot place will freeze, thaw and freeze again a million million times before that'll happen. :banghead:

Well, there is the 2nd Amendment because Va. used the wording first. Maybe after we set another example, the Feds will follow....maybe:uhoh: