• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT: BE PREPARED BE VIGILANT it has already started.

jjorgen

Heads are starting to explode.

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

tomrkba

http://baconsurvival.com/forum/inde...ee0qngi7ej3e4rh5&topic=4750.msg80684#msg80684

DHS employs over 200,000 people. It contains the Coast Guard, Secret Service, Border Patrol and ICE which combine for over 120,000 people. Say 100,000 people who operate under the umbrella of DHS are issued a .40magicdeathray sidearm, and DHS orders 450,000,000 rounds to be delivered over the next 5 years. That's 900 rounds per person per year. That's 75 rounds to practice with each month and nothing left over to use to shoot bad guys. It may be a bit excessive but it doesn't strike me as panic worthy.

I agree: it's not really worthy of panic.

Four-Tay! Obey my Authoritay!

William Fisher

Come on folks, that's less then two rounds per citizen. Liberals don't like firearms And Repubicans won't shoot the good guys, so just where is the problem.
sarcasm.gif

tjkruck

Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Haha ghostbusters lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Bobarino

I'm not so ready to panic about this either, but I'm guessing they're preparing for the re-election of Obama and the run on guns and ammo that is sure to follow. If he get re-elected and both houses go "D", gun rights will likely take a big hit and ammo and guns are going to become even more scarce and expensive than the last time around.

Freedom1Man

No one said anything about Panic, Just to be aware of what is going on.

I had found an article that covered how many rounds a year were fired during WW1 and WW2 the numbers of 450million came out to about 7 years worth of combat. Since this contract is only for S&W .40 handgun ammo and it's hollow point so it cannot be used over seas. That this is really something we need to keep track of. This does not even cover the rifle ammo that can be ordered through a military contract.

I hope my source was wrong but I guess we'll find out.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Folks, many of the higher-priced items used by local law enforcement are paid for by DHS funds. The Colorado Springs Police Department's mobile command post, for example. A rather pricey chemical analyzer. S.W.A.T.'s tactical vehicle. All are required to sport the "Paid for by DHS funds" sticker, and they do.

In the meantime, DHS also buys stuff for use by the military, including the MRAPs, as well as a lot of the ammunition used by federal law-enforcement, who do use the 40 S&W JHP rounds.

So, let's look at this rationally and put the conspiratorial malarky on the back burner where it belongs.