• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy in Bloomington

Irish.40

This is my first post on OC.org. I have been reading the threads for a week or so. I must say, the info on this site has been very helpful. I was on the fence about open carry until I found this site. I am taking my carry class through BlueLine Defense at the end of May. I will hopefully have my PTC by the 4th of July! Tonight I bought my first holster. A Blackhawk CQC Level II. I am wearing it right now as I sit in my chair. It is very comfortable. Even my 9 yr old son said, "awesome". He wants one for his airsoft 1911. Well thanks again for all the info. I hope to meet some of you this summer either at planned OC get-togethers or just out enjoying our consitutional rights.

tjkruck

if you take the class at the end of this month, and go to your county sherrifs dept right away, you should most likely get it sooner than july, granted i live a county east of you i don't know if hennepin has a slow turn around. but here i wright county i got mine in 8 days after turning in the application and certificate of training, my utah permit took alot longer because i had to send away for all that but i figured i better take the utah as well so then if i decide to go to fargo i could then carry there as well.

Irish.40

I have heard that Hennepin county generally takes all of the permitted 30 days. The reason it may take a while is because I have to take a day off of work to apply in person. I would rather take a day to open carry all over town. Oh well, soon enough.

tjkruck

Yeah they told me 14-30 days it came in 8. I got it in the mail threw on the holster, inserted the firearm, called the wife, and we went to Texas roadhouse. Lol. I was a little excited

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MPWarrior653

Mine took four days, dropped my application off on Monday at about 2pm, permit was in my mailbox by noon on Thursday. Sherburne county! Plus, it was only $55 for my permit!

Cody Pehrson

Hey! welcome to B-town! I went through BlueLine Defense as well and they will cover everything you need to know. Just pay attention to every detail cuz there are a lot of laws and just plain good advice for everyday encounters and carry in general. and its going to take a while to get it back... took mine like 28 days or something but well worth the wait. Finally a fellow OC in Bloomington. Im no longer alone. and Id like to get a little something together for Cowboy Jacks down the road possibly? just an idea for a location if anyone is looking for something.

Irish.40

I've had my permit for 4 days now. Been all over Bloomington and not a single negative encounter. Lots of states and a few " is it real/nice gun" but that's been it. Even OCed in Target and Best Buy without issue. This town is a lot more gun friendly than I expected.