• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shell gas station and McDonalds

ArmySoldier22

Sounds like I will have to go fill up there this weekend. :) Since it is a Shell, I think they do fuel perks...so I will go save some $$ and see if the same ninny comes out.

What time of the day was it when you were there?

I think it was around 10:30-11:00pm. I'd just finished filling up, and I walked in to get a pepsi. The thing is, I'd been going there for a while, and I've talked to that lady more than once. Just like I'd eaten in that McDonalds more than once lol. But oh well, I've stopped giving my money to both. There's another one gas station less than 1/4 mile down the road.

NCNative

FUnny looks

NCWabbit, the only funny looks I have received while I open carry, have been when walking into a convenient store and several younger members of society, with their pants hanging off their rear, looked at me and headed for the exit as I walked in. Nice to be able to clear a store that quickly. My wife just shakes her head when I OC. She has her CC but doesn't feel comfortable with OC.

aosailor

Let me be clear, I understand the difference between NC concealed carry "legal" and "illegal."

In the context of this scenario; McDonalds, it's not illegal if, with a valid CHP, I choose to carry CC. This is where it would only be a trespass charge IF it was known I was carrying AND I was ask to leave AND I did not leave. No gun charge, more of a moral and ethical issue. You may have mistaken my original statement as a blanket approach to my CCing in places where it is illegal by State Statute/Law. Obviously, I would not condone CCing in those places listed via the Statute i.e., restaurants that sell and consume alcohol, a prison, a Federal Building, k-12 school, places of admission, funerals, etc. etc. etc.

By the way, former NAVY AOAC VP5, NASJAX

Well there seems to be some mis-communication. I do apologize for my part. I had read your statement as if the McD's was posted as a no CC and you did so anyways. you have cleared up your statement I now better understand what you were referring to. Again, my apologies.

P.S. what is AOAC? I've been out awhile, guess I'm getting a lil rusty