Thread: New York City: Out-of-state guns are not the problem

New York City: Out-of-state guns are not the problem

My latest article ... please read and share if you like it.
    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly both came out swinging in the sympathetic New York media yesterday after four police officers were injured by a violent ex-con in Brooklyn on Sunday.

Excerpt ... Read more

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    One more reason NOT to live in New York City.

The problem is many folks who do live there have actually come to accept this behavior by police as the norm. I have gotten in discussions with people who live in NYC on other non-gun boards about carrying and guns and such, and they make comments like, "you'd be thrown to the ground with a knee in your back and a gun at your head". A few of those people have been LEO's. So the mindset does permeate both the police and the public up there.

Good article.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

In all fairness, conly criminals have guns in NYC. *cough*

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

This only adds to my current anxiety as my wife and I are traveling to NYC tomorrow to visit my daughter and her husband who are living there temporarily because of his work. For the first time in a long time I will be unarmed and feel unsafe. Sucks to be stripped of your rights and your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by 62 Caddy View Post
    This only adds to my current anxiety as my wife and I are traveling to NYC tomorrow to visit my daughter and her husband who are living there temporarily because of his work. For the first time in a long time I will be unarmed and feel unsafe. Sucks to be stripped of your rights and your freedom.
    You will still have your rights and freedom. Inalienable rights can't be taken away, though it seems you will be in a place that would punish you for exercising your rights and freedom. Its still your choice.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.