• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New York City: Out-of-state guns are not the problem

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
My latest article ... please read and share if you like it.
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly both came out swinging in the sympathetic New York media yesterday after four police officers were injured by a violent ex-con in Brooklyn on Sunday.

Excerpt ... Read more

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
One more reason NOT to live in New York City.

The problem is many folks who do live there have actually come to accept this behavior by police as the norm. I have gotten in discussions with people who live in NYC on other non-gun boards about carrying and guns and such, and they make comments like, "you'd be thrown to the ground with a knee in your back and a gun at your head". A few of those people have been LEO's. So the mindset does permeate both the police and the public up there.

Good article.

Jack House

In all fairness, conly criminals have guns in NYC. *cough*

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

62 Caddy

This only adds to my current anxiety as my wife and I are traveling to NYC tomorrow to visit my daughter and her husband who are living there temporarily because of his work. For the first time in a long time I will be unarmed and feel unsafe. Sucks to be stripped of your rights and your freedom.

Daylen

This only adds to my current anxiety as my wife and I are traveling to NYC tomorrow to visit my daughter and her husband who are living there temporarily because of his work. For the first time in a long time I will be unarmed and feel unsafe. Sucks to be stripped of your rights and your freedom.

You will still have your rights and freedom. Inalienable rights can't be taken away, though it seems you will be in a place that would punish you for exercising your rights and freedom. Its still your choice.