• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC loading

ejmartin79

I was wondering what everyone does when you plan to open carry after driving in michigan. Like if you pull up to a diner and park, do you shut the engine off and then uncase your weapon, get your mag (stored separatly) and then put mag in gun and chamber a round while sitting in the drivers seat? I only have 2 trucks so the gun will be behind my seat, and I was thinking maybe put the mag in the glovebox? Also ill be OCing in ohio over the weekend where I have to keep the mags unloaded while driving also. So should I load up sitting in my truck after I park?

Last edited:

ManInBlack

I am assuming that the OP does not possess a Michigan CPL or one that has reciprocity.

My advice would be to step out, using your partially-opened door and body as cover, and load up. If Michigan's law is similar to Washington's, the loaded weapon can at no time be on the seat or otherwise inside the vehicle.

I suggest you study the statutes and find out exactly what is prohibited.