Thread: Can George Zimmerman Buy A Handgun? (Right Now)

Can George Zimmerman Buy A Handgun? (Right Now)

Just wondering about this. . .

Let's say that George Zimmerman is driving down I-75 right now in Florida. It is 4:00 PM ET.

Can he stop off at a gun shop and legally buy a handgun?

I'm thinking yes.

He hasn't been arrested or convicted of a felony; so yes, he can. Even while I was being investigated, post-arrest, post being released, I could purchase a firearm, and carry a firearm; there were no restrictions. Wait, now that I think about it, 'they' took my CC permit so all I could do is OC
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

He hasn't been charged or convicted of a felony or domestic. So I say he probably can.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Now he's been arrested and charged with second degree murder. Did he make bail? There was rumor the DA rushed the warrant due to concerns of him fleeing. If he's out, can he buy a gun, any gun, now?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Now he's been arrested and charged with second degree murder. Did he make bail? There was rumor the DA rushed the warrant due to concerns of him fleeing. If he's out, can he buy a gun, any gun, now?
    Depends on the terms of bail.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 04-12-2012 at 06:32 AM.

I don't think so. When I buy new firearms it asks me something to the point if I am being charge with a felony.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I would certainly hope not.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

Certainly not while in the clink.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Certainly not while in the clink.
    Now, don't be so quick, even that wouldn't be completely unheard of. http://www.policeone.com/corrections...gun-in-rectum/

I bet if you look hard enough, you'd probably find a prison guard who smuggled a gun in for an inmate.

No, don't think so.

One of the disqualifying questions on form 4473 is "Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year?"

Seems that under GCA 1968 this makes him a prohibited person (same thing, first bullet point): http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/i...d-persons.html

Why buy retail when a private sale may be available.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

4473?....we don't need no stinking 4473.