Thread: Constitutional Carry In Pike County Illinois!!

Constitutional Carry In Pike County Illinois!!

I did a quick run through the posts and didn't see this topic posted. If it is a duplicate post I will ask the mods to delete. Pike County is in west-central Illinois and we just might find some Friendly Illinois Buddies in that part of the state. It appears they put constitutional carry on the ballot for their March primary and it passed by an overwhelming margin!

I still hate Illinois tolls. $8.00 for the "privilege" of driving from Beloit to the 294 bypass is a crime!!

http://www.whig.com/story/17205800/p...arry-ordinance
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Let's hope more Illinois counties get behind this idea and demand their natural rights. The time has come for them.

by Oleg Volk
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Banned
    people in dupage county already conceal carry -- the DA won't prosecute

Being from Wisconsin and seemingly stuck for ever in Illinois I'll jump in here.
    The Illinois 2A forums don't like this idea of putting our rights up to a popular vote. It's find if we win a county but what happens when we start losing counties?
    This state is run by the Chicago Machine and our current Governor won just 3 counties (Cook, Madison and I forget the 3rd). We don't want a patch work of laws, it's bad enough going from state to state let alone county to county. We have a couple of law suites going that may force the legislature to move. We have a good CCW bill on hold that missed passing by 6 votes and we needed that to get over a veto.

Sure wish I could no longer be a FIB

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevepk View Post

Steve
    Ilived in Chicagoland for 40 years before escaping to NE WI. Don't miss it at all.
    The best hope down there for CCW is the lawsuits.

ckmorley
    Anti-gunners tell us to run away from muggers. What about those of us who can't run ?

There are two ways to look at it stevepk. Illinois politics is controlled by Chicago. That being the case it is unlikely that constitutional carry will ever happen in Illinois. On the other hand if the majority of the counties in Illinois vote for constitutional carry, especially with a overwhelming result, then the Chicago politicians would have enormous pressure put on them to recognize people's gun rights. You are correct that there is some risk involved. I am not very familiar with Illinois' public feeling concerning personal protection so can't comment on how serious the risk is. I suspect the highest pockets of resistance concerning gun rights are around Chicago, St. Louis, Beloit, and Peoria.

You still can't carry in Pike County. It was an advisory referendum not a law, and the County sheriff said he would still arrest people for UUW or AUUW if they were carrying.

:-(

The Illinois 2A forums don't like this idea of putting our rights up to a popular vote. It's find if we win a county but what happens when we start losing counties?
    If you start losing counties, I guess it would mean you can't constitutionally carry in those counties. Oh wait, you already can't do that anyway.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Being from Wisconsin and seemingly stuck for ever in Illinois I'll jump in here.
    The Illinois 2A forums don't like this idea of putting our rights up to a popular vote. It's find if we win a county but what happens when we start losing counties?....

Steve
    Would you please give us a citation to these forums? I looked in the IL OC forum and only saw one objection... from a resident of Thailand....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I believe they mean a different IL forum dedicated to the 2nd Ammendment. The approach there is to either get legislation passed or win a court case to get carry for the entire state. This makes the most sense as I don't want to have to think about each county having its own regulations on carrying. That would make driving to work a nightmare.

Campaign Veteran
    Illinois will eventually bow and pass a CC law. Eventually they will have no choice. But they will use it against the people as a weapon. With no reciprocity agreements, they will only issue to a resident with a FOID. Now they can tighten the requirements for a CC to ridiculous circumstances (You had two direct threats on your life within an 8 hour period, as documented by police reports).

The political agenda of Chicago would have to do a complete 180 before anything useful will come to the Illinois residents, doesn't matter where in the state they live.

Wouldn't hurt to get Joyce and Company out of Chicago either.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com