• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry In Pike County Illinois!!

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
I did a quick run through the posts and didn't see this topic posted. If it is a duplicate post I will ask the mods to delete. Pike County is in west-central Illinois and we just might find some Friendly Illinois Buddies in that part of the state. It appears they put constitutional carry on the ballot for their March primary and it passed by an overwhelming margin! :lol:

I still hate Illinois tolls. $8.00 for the "privilege" of driving from Beloit to the 294 bypass is a crime!! :mad:

http://www.whig.com/story/17205800/pike-county-voters-overwhelmingly-approve-conceal-carry-ordinance

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Let's hope more Illinois counties get behind this idea and demand their natural rights. The time has come for them. :)

2hn7v5v.jpg

by Oleg Volk

stevepk

Being from Wisconsin and seemingly stuck for ever in Illinois I'll jump in here.
The Illinois 2A forums don't like this idea of putting our rights up to a popular vote. It's find if we win a county but what happens when we start losing counties?
This state is run by the Chicago Machine and our current Governor won just 3 counties (Cook, Madison and I forget the 3rd). We don't want a patch work of laws, it's bad enough going from state to state let alone county to county. We have a couple of law suites going that may force the legislature to move. We have a good CCW bill on hold that missed passing by 6 votes and we needed that to get over a veto.

Sure wish I could no longer be a FIB

Steve

Captain Nemo

There are two ways to look at it stevepk. Illinois politics is controlled by Chicago. That being the case it is unlikely that constitutional carry will ever happen in Illinois. On the other hand if the majority of the counties in Illinois vote for constitutional carry, especially with a overwhelming result, then the Chicago politicians would have enormous pressure put on them to recognize people's gun rights. You are correct that there is some risk involved. I am not very familiar with Illinois' public feeling concerning personal protection so can't comment on how serious the risk is. I suspect the highest pockets of resistance concerning gun rights are around Chicago, St. Louis, Beloit, and Peoria.

TyGuy

You still can't carry in Pike County. It was an advisory referendum not a law, and the County sheriff said he would still arrest people for UUW or AUUW if they were carrying.

:-(

DangerClose

The Illinois 2A forums don't like this idea of putting our rights up to a popular vote. It's find if we win a county but what happens when we start losing counties?

If you start losing counties, I guess it would mean you can't constitutionally carry in those counties. Oh wait, you already can't do that anyway. :lol:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Being from Wisconsin and seemingly stuck for ever in Illinois I'll jump in here.
The Illinois 2A forums don't like this idea of putting our rights up to a popular vote. It's find if we win a county but what happens when we start losing counties?....
Sure wish I could no longer be a FIB

Steve
Would you please give us a citation to these forums? I looked in the IL OC forum and only saw one objection... from a resident of Thailand....

TyGuy

I believe they mean a different IL forum dedicated to the 2nd Ammendment. The approach there is to either get legislation passed or win a court case to get carry for the entire state. This makes the most sense as I don't want to have to think about each county having its own regulations on carrying. That would make driving to work a nightmare.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Illinois will eventually bow and pass a CC law. Eventually they will have no choice. But they will use it against the people as a weapon. With no reciprocity agreements, they will only issue to a resident with a FOID. Now they can tighten the requirements for a CC to ridiculous circumstances (You had two direct threats on your life within an 8 hour period, as documented by police reports).

The political agenda of Chicago would have to do a complete 180 before anything useful will come to the Illinois residents, doesn't matter where in the state they live.

Wouldn't hurt to get Joyce and Company out of Chicago either.