Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 4/14/12 9:30 AM

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 4/14/12 9:30 AM

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat 4/14 9:30 AM

River City Diner
    803 East Parham Road.........Directions
    Richmond, VA 23227-1107
    (804) 266-1500

Reserved parking available with annual membership.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'd like to join, if I may share a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I'd like to join, if I may share a ride!
    Listen for the rumble at about quarter to 9.00.

May be going to the Tea Party event in Chesterfield afterward - starts at noon.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

The last guy who walked in before you all dispersed to your vehicles said something to Courtney about you all being armed. I didn't hear his comment, just a bit of her reply which was along the lines of 'they come in here all the time and it's perfectly ok'.

He was, however, giving JC and (I'm sorry, we didn't get introduced so I'm not sure who it was) Grape's smoking buddy a cautious stare while the two of you were standing in the parking lot talking next to my car. He sat in the corner booth at the end of the table you were all sat at. Can only imagine the horror ("OMG he's got a gun and a small child!!") he'd have suffered if my shirt had been tucked in while we walked past him to put the high chair back.

I'm still amazed at the difference in Logan's behaviour today from the last time we were at Sat morning breakfast. We took a trip to the Ashland wally world and I found him a 1:32 scale toy F150 that he insisted be opened and played with as soon as we got home, which was delayed because as we were driving along Lakeside Ave the fire truck was just returning from a run out so we had to stop and watch that being parked.

Sorry I couldn't make it. I fell ill Wednesday evening and can't shake it, and I didn't want to risk getting anyone else sick.

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    The last guy who walked in before you all dispersed to your vehicles said something to Courtney about you all being armed. I didn't hear his comment, just a bit of her reply which was along the lines of 'they come in here all the time and it's perfectly ok'.

He was, however, giving JC and (I'm sorry, we didn't get introduced so I'm not sure who it was) Grape's smoking buddy a cautious stare while the two of you were standing in the parking lot talking next to my car. He sat in the corner booth at the end of the table you were all sat at. Can only imagine the horror ("OMG he's got a gun and a small child!!") he'd have suffered if my shirt had been tucked in while we walked past him to put the high chair back.

I'm still amazed at the difference in Logan's behaviour today from the last time we were at Sat morning breakfast. We took a trip to the Ashland wally world and I found him a 1:32 scale toy F150 that he insisted be opened and played with as soon as we got home, which was delayed because as we were driving along Lakeside Ave the fire truck was just returning from a run out so we had to stop and watch that being parked.
    His hunger must have been greater than his fear or did he barricade himself in the corner booth

Logan is always well behaved in my book - you're doing a great job.

Logan did seem a little less fussy Sat. Growing up a bit maybe? Getting used to the drill?

Glad we didn't put the other guest off his feed.

Just as an aside, the fellow I brought with me is ex-Special Forces. Served in 'Nam. Went to Black Creek range as his guest Sunday.

Shot three of my pistols and got the 30.06 pretty close to zeroed at a hundred yards. Cost me five bucks for the two hour session.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Just as an aside, the fellow I brought with me is ex-Special Forces. Served in 'Nam. Went to Black Creek range as his guest Sunday.

Shot three of my pistols and got the 30.06 pretty close to zeroed at a hundred yards. Cost me five bucks for the two hour session.
    What load did you finally settle on for the 06?
    Last edited by peter nap; 04-16-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Logan did seem a little less fussy Sat. Growing up a bit maybe? Getting used to the drill?

Glad we didn't put the other guest off his feed.
    In fairness to my young'un, I think he was probably not feeling 100% on his previous visit. He's also developed quite a taste for biscuits and I had a lot more grapes with me than last time ..
    Last edited by scouser; 04-16-2012 at 09:12 PM.

In fairness to my young'un, I think he was probably not feeling 100% on his previous visit. He's also developed quite a taste for biscuits and I had a lot more grapes with me than last time ..
    Biscuits and grapes - sound good to me! Smart young'un

Peter, was just shooting standard Winchester 165 grain boattails.

Best part of the day was watching a father and his eleven year old daughter shooting. She had a really nice pink .22.

You should have seen the smile on her face after they walked down to inspect her target up close! Quite the marksman!

He said she shoots all his pistols and the 12 ga. Does not like his larger rifles because they are too loud.