• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed to Gatlinburg

ZachRU

Hey guys I'm a VA resident and open carry daily here. I'm headed to Gatlinburg tomorrow and was wondering what the law is when it comes to having my handgun in the car? Thanks

Fallguy

The same as on your person.... to have it loaded you must have a carry permit.

You can have it unloaded without a permit, but in TN unloaded doesn't mean just the ammo not in the firearm. It means. "...the rifle, shotgun or handgun does not have ammunition in the chamber, cylinder, clip or magazine, and no clip or magazine is in the immediate vicinity of the weapon." 39-17-1301(18)

Last edited: