Thread: Disturbing Trends and serious threats

Disturbing Trends and serious threats

Yeah OK, off topic I know. Reminds of Culpeper somewhat.

But seriously...

"Eight Los Angeles police officers fired more than 90 rounds at an unarmed 19-year-old man who had led them on a high speed freeway pursuit and called 911 to threaten them with a gun, authorities said."

The guy obviously noted he hated cops, but hurl 90 rounds at the guy unarmed running backwards?

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Range time.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

I80, USA
    How many officers shot at him?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    I think focusing on 90 rounds and whether he was armed is falling for a red-herring by news media who have no knowledge about how to evaluate these situations.

For damn sure the lamestream media never evaluates these things using AOJ/I (Ability, Opportunity, Jeopardy/Intent).

The critical point to me is why the cops fired at all? He made a gesture consistent with point a gun? So, what? He made a bunch of threats. So, what? They're behind cover, presumably. Who knows what he's pointing? How close were the cops? Do they have poor eyesight that prevents them seeing whether he's empty-handed? Ensconced behind cover, I'm not going to shoot until I'm damned sure there's a lethal threat. You get my point. I want more details. About the things that count. Whether the deceased was unarmed seems much less important to me than whether the cops were close enough to see whether his hands were empty. All those little details that add up to whether it was really reasonable to shoot.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    How many officers shot at him?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Eight (8) = chain reaction - it's the domino effect.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Freshman psychology demonstration of hysteria is for the lecturer to yawn very ostentatiously near the end of the boring lecture on hysteria and then have the class note how many hysterical yawns occur in the next minute or two.