Thread: Missouri Laws on Open Carry????

Missouri Laws on Open Carry????

Idk if this is already in a thread or not (didnt look too hard) but i just purchased a Sig Sauer P220 DAK and i am not familiar with the oc law in st. joe or even missouri. is it legal? if so, if i get stopped am i required to show id for not committing a crime?

Thanks in advanced.

Thats the wild thing here in Missouri, each country and city have their own rules on opencarry. Honestly, you would have to visit or if online, pull up their ordances on weapons that you will travel to or even visit. Some counties require a CCW I.D. like Florissant and Hazelwood. Some counties only require you be legal age to carry it. And some cities like; ST. Louis, Mapelwood, Maryland Heights, etc., if you opencarry there, regardless the issue, you go stright to jail!

Be careful.

Short answer:

Missouri - Legal

St. Joseph - Legal

And personally, I would never produce ID unless they told me I was being detained.

Missouri weapons laws can be found here: http://www.moga.mo.gov/STATUTES/C571.HTM

There are no state laws against open carry, though there are a number of places specified by statute where you MAY NOT carry any firearm (unless you have a valid CCW endorsement).

As was mentioned above, local jurisdictions in Missouri CAN restrict/prohibit/regulate open carry via local ordinances, and some do. You will need to do your homework in the areas where you plan to carry before you dive in.

thanks guys