Thread: The very weak "Affidavit of probable cause" in the George Zimmerman case John R. Lott

Herr Heckler Koch

The very weak "Affidavit of probable cause" in the George Zimmerman case John R. Lott

It was "Strong" enough to have the shooter charged and arrested!

Herr Heckler Koch
    Proving again that you may beat the rap but you will not beat the ride. Enforcement must suffer commensurately with a falsely arrested and charged citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Proving again that you may beat the rap but you will not beat the ride. Enforcement must suffer commensurately with a falsely arrested and charged citizen.
    I disagree with your reference to this as a "False Arrest".

JMHO!

Herr Heckler Koch

Dershowitz: The charging instrument filed against George Zimmerman is “unethical”

Dershowitz: The charging instrument filed against George Zimmerman is “unethical” and will never make it past a judge

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/1...-past-a-judge/

Video http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640

Harvard law Dearth-o-witz is as leftie-liberal as any.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 04-13-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Think of the affidavit as a gooified document of BS that the prosecutor initially throws at the judge to see if it sticks.

I was kinda thinking that Zimmerman would be released in the dead-of-night by the judge. Has anyone checked the papers this morning to see? Because this case is Nationally charged in politics, and the media, some of what we are seeing may be smoke-and-mirrors.

A little bit from Zimmerman's lawyer:

"The lawyer for George Zimmerman, charged with murder in the death of unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin, said that the teenager's death "weighs on" Zimmerman and suggested his client might apologize to Martin's family."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/zimmerman-w...6#.T4gusfnYCSo
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Almost like they're charging him knowing they can't win. Or don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by markand View Post
    I think people need to keep the latter portion of this Affidavit in mind:

"The fact mentioned in this Affidavit are not a complete recitation of all the pertinent facts and evidence in this case but only are presented for a determination of Probable Cause for Second Degree Murder."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/interactiv...robable-cause/
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-13-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I think it's sad what all is going on here.

I can't imagine what would happen to this man should a verdict of "not guilty" be made. With the threats out there against this man, I would fear for his life, as well as every member of the jury, the defense attorney, and possibly the judge.

Good God! Did she call MSNBC and ask them to write this for her, worse it worked.

So a sworn affidavit says Zimmerman falsely assumed Martin was going to commit a crime. What are those investigators, mediums? Did they talk to martin from the other side to determine he was not a criminal?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by markand View Post
    That thought occurred to me also. Like you, I don't have any special knowledge of the facts of this case, so I make no presumption about whether a crime actually occurred. Zimmerman may or may not be an overzealous nut job. Martin may be Momma's Little Angel or he may be a Thug Wannabe. Or none of the above. I pass no judgment on either because I have no way of knowing. (Neither do the media, but that doesn't stop them.)

Anyway, put yourself in the prosecutor's place. The logic might go something like this:

1. We don't have the evidence to charge Zimmerman with a crime.
    2. The public will tar & feather us if we don't charge him.

SOLUTION: Let's over-charge him with Murder 2. This will sate the demand of the mobs and media (string him up!), but stand no chance of actually succeeding in court. Zimmerman goes free, the mob is off our backs, and the media will move on the the next invented outrage. Is this ethical? Of course not, but who cares? We're lawyers!
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

I still say, even if we arent giving Corey entirely too much credit for having a brain between her ears, if this DOES actually go-through to a trial, what chances does this guy have of even a slightly impartial jury?
    And, then, if such a jury does end up convicting.. heck of a gamble to play with this man's life.
    The savages will have fits/tantrums and riots either way- not arrested at all/tried and not-convicted..it's a short-term, calm the masses sollution, at best.

Z's lawyer: Mr. Z, did you fear for your life?
    Mr. Z: Yes I did.
    PA: I object, leading question.

On cross...
    PA: Mr. Z, did you fear for your life?
    Mr. Z: Yes, I did.
    PA: No, you did not.
    PA: did not.
    Mr. Z: did.
    Z's lawyer: I object, badgering.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Z's lawyer: Mr. Z, did you fear for your life?
    Mr. Z: Yes I did.
    PA: I object, leading question.

On cross...
    PA: Mr. Z, did you fear for your life?
    PA: No, you did not.
    Z's lawyer: I object, badgering.

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.