• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hunting License requirements for GA

Ruta #12

Hi all, I am stationed in Kings Bay; GA and wanted some information about getting a hunting license here. I'm originally from NY and have my hunter education/safety course card which is required to get a license for that state. Does anyone know if I need to take a course for Georgia as well or if there are other document's needed? Thanks for your help.

V/r
Dion Ruta
MA3/USN

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You would be better off posting your inquiry in the Georgia section. If you do not feel like looking up the information yourself you can at least read the information for yourself here http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/669 .

As an ex-Marine I've always had an opinion about swwabbies. Thanks for confirming it.

And thanks for your service.

stay safe.

Ruta #12

Didn't post in GA sections because it has nothing to do with open carry topics, thanks for the link and was just wondering what a swabbie is being that Im on special duty working with a marine battalion and were referred to as devil dolphins. If its referring to sailors on ships or boats, then I can agree with you on that because they are pathetic. Stay safe

Dion Ruta
MA3/USN

1245A Defender

well,,,

Didn't post in GA sections because it has nothing to do with open carry topics, thanks for the link and was just wondering what a swabbie is being that Im on special duty working with a marine battalion and were referred to as devil dolphins. If its referring to sailors on ships or boats, then I can agree with you on that because they are pathetic. Stay safe

Dion Ruta
MA3/USN

Soooo what are you,, a cheer leader?? Or a Mascot???

When you grow up, and get out, Wil you be an ex devil DOLFIN???

ex SAILOR, US Navy, MR2, USS Dixon AS-37, 1971-1975

Ruta #12

I would have to say ex military would be my choice. Between all the cuts and politics, its better to just count your time left and get out when u can.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Dion Ruta
MA3/USN

Apparently you could not decipher the snark. The link was there in case you could not find the site yourself. But then you are a sailor, so I'm repeating myself.

And unless you are a Corpsman you are a full-fledged swabbie. Master At Arms working with a Marine (note the capital letter) battalion says you are a rent-a-cop. Do you wear the SP brassard or are you an undercover narc?

A search for "devil dolphin" brings up http://www.qddswim.org/team_info.html - my kid's swim team beat them like a rug. Or are you referring to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOpFLYYfvA (part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tizamCG2AYs (part 2). Musical chairs in the mud? That's what you do?

stay safe.

Ruta #12

Were a part of the guard force here because of the strategic assets we protect, not SP or Hawaii 50. We work with the BSG and CQB Marines.