Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Interesting Sign

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    103

    Interesting Sign

    I was about to not walk in but after closer examination I was happy to see this.

    King Buffet Wausau

    I think the red slash should be over the beer mug and not the gun. Gun = No Beer


    guess OC without permit is not welcome though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0045.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	8317  
    Last edited by Elysium; 04-13-2012 at 02:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    113
    Not that I'm saying to do this because I am one who believes in no drinking while carrying, but I wonder how they would know not to serve you if you are CC'ing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    My guess is they would rely on the honor system?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  4. #4
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    My guess is they would rely on the honor system?
    Same as any other no-guns sign, they all rely on the honor among Bad Guy-thieves

  5. #5
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Didn't say it was a smart plan now did I?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  6. #6
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    guess OC without permit is not welcome though
    It would be illegal to oc without a ccl if you didn't also have permission.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Regular Member Cobra469's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Allis, WI, , USA
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    It would be illegal to oc without a ccl if you didn't also have permission.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Good point. I think one way they "might" know you are ccing is by watching to see who reads the sign. Of course those who don't care about the law probably aren't in the habit of looking for the signs anyhow.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    Good point. I think one way they "might" know you are ccing is by watching to see who reads the sign. Of course those who don't care about the law probably aren't in the habit of looking for the signs anyhow.
    yeah I thought some anti would see the gun buster and just assume the sign was a no weapons sign. I assumed it was untill I read it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    It would be illegal to oc without a ccl if you didn't also have permission.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Are you sure? This is a restaurant that serves alcohol, not a bar. I dont know if theres a difference.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  10. #10
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Are you sure? This is a restaurant that serves alcohol, not a bar. I dont know if theres a difference.
    941.237 covers all class-b establishments.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #11
    Regular Member Horseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    55
    Like the sign, like the food there.

    Of course, for those who object to concealed carry, the restaurant could also offer to set aside a "Voluntary Victim" section for the adamantly unarmed.
    Last edited by Horseman; 04-14-2012 at 11:32 AM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member msteinhilber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Verona, WI
    Posts
    125
    So if you have a CCL you can open carry AND drink alcohol according to their sign

  13. #13
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    So if you have a CCL you can open carry AND drink alcohol according to their sign
    Yes you can assuming you meet the requirements of 941.237(2)(a),(b),(c),(cm),(cr),(ct),(d),(e),(f),( g),(h),(i) or (j).

    The ones most people would fall under is (g) which allows the licensee (class-b) to give permission for an event of limited duration.

  14. #14
    Regular Member goforlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    201
    That sign is very deceiving. I have had many people see that sign as a "no guns" sign. I spoke with a guy who stated that if you serve alcohol as a class b, you must have that sign posted on you door! He thinks like we do and that the sign is total "BS"!!
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

  15. #15
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by goforlow View Post
    That sign is very deceiving. I have had many people see that sign as a "no guns" sign. I spoke with a guy who stated that if you serve alcohol as a class b, you must have that sign posted on you door! He thinks like we do and that the sign is total "BS"!!
    I believe a couple cities have created local ordinances that require a sign to that effect. Eau Claire maybe?

  16. #16
    Regular Member Wolf1477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Up Nort' Wi
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I was about to not walk in but after closer examination I was happy to see this.

    King Buffet Wausau

    I think the red slash should be over the beer mug and not the gun. Gun = No Beer


    guess OC without permit is not welcome though

    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to mistake that kind of sign. Grizzy's in Eau Claire has one. I saw the slash and figured it was a typical gunbuster sign. I was with family so I just put my firearm back in the truck. Then as I was leaving I actually had time to read the silly thing and saw that it was one of the "Guns and Alcohol don't mix" signs. First time I'd actually seen one of those. Dammit. Well, now I know to read the signs entirely before disarming.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Linn County, Iowa
    Posts
    306
    This is clearly a "No full-sized Gen3 Glocks" sign.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •