• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Sign

Elysium

I was about to not walk in but after closer examination I was happy to see this.

King Buffet Wausau

I think the red slash should be over the beer mug and not the gun. Gun = No Beer

guess OC without permit is not welcome though

Attachments

• IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

Cobra469

It would be illegal to oc without a ccl if you didn't also have permission.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Good point. I think one way they "might" know you are ccing is by watching to see who reads the sign. Of course those who don't care about the law probably aren't in the habit of looking for the signs anyhow.

Elysium

Good point. I think one way they "might" know you are ccing is by watching to see who reads the sign. Of course those who don't care about the law probably aren't in the habit of looking for the signs anyhow.

yeah I thought some anti would see the gun buster and just assume the sign was a no weapons sign. I assumed it was untill I read it.

Horseman

Like the sign, like the food there.

Of course, for those who object to concealed carry, the restaurant could also offer to set aside a "Voluntary Victim" section for the adamantly unarmed.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

So if you have a CCL you can open carry AND drink alcohol according to their sign :lol:

Yes you can assuming you meet the requirements of 941.237(2)(a),(b),(c),(cm),(cr),(ct),(d),(e),(f),(g),(h),(i) or (j).

The ones most people would fall under is (g) which allows the licensee (class-b) to give permission for an event of limited duration.

goforlow

That sign is very deceiving. I have had many people see that sign as a "no guns" sign. I spoke with a guy who stated that if you serve alcohol as a class b, you must have that sign posted on you door! He thinks like we do and that the sign is total "BS"!!

paul@paul-fisher.com

That sign is very deceiving. I have had many people see that sign as a "no guns" sign. I spoke with a guy who stated that if you serve alcohol as a class b, you must have that sign posted on you door! He thinks like we do and that the sign is total "BS"!!

I believe a couple cities have created local ordinances that require a sign to that effect. Eau Claire maybe?

Wolf1477

I was about to not walk in but after closer examination I was happy to see this.

King Buffet Wausau

I think the red slash should be over the beer mug and not the gun. Gun = No Beer

guess OC without permit is not welcome though

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to mistake that kind of sign. Grizzy's in Eau Claire has one. I saw the slash and figured it was a typical gunbuster sign. I was with family so I just put my firearm back in the truck. Then as I was leaving I actually had time to read the silly thing and saw that it was one of the "Guns and Alcohol don't mix" signs. First time I'd actually seen one of those. Dammit. Well, now I know to read the signs entirely before disarming.