Thread: Example RI-60 form for private sale/purchase

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, USA

Example RI-60 form for private sale/purchase

Can anyone post an John Doe like example of how a private seller fills in the RI 60 form
    Please don't just post this : http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-060_6454_7.pdf
    "Reason can never be popular. Passions and feelings can become popular, but reason will always remain the sole property of a few eminent individuals."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Banned
    Why? It's self explanatory.

is there a certain question you don't understand?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

If you are wondering about the "codes" that are used for make/model and some of the other boxes, MSP publishes this.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Firearms_Guide_98674_7.pdf

You don't really need this, though; you don't have to use the abbreviations (AFAIK).If you want an example of a completed form from the intertube, I've never seen one...
    Last edited by DrTodd; 04-13-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, USA
    I looked at my copy of an old RI-60 so I figured it out. You can even play with the PDF in Acrobat and fill in one copy, it fills in the other 3 for you. I thought about filling it all out with example info and posting it but I decided against it.
    "Reason can never be popular. Passions and feelings can become popular, but reason will always remain the sole property of a few eminent individuals."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

From the link that DrTodd posted:
    If a Thompson Center is purchased with a shoulder stock and a long barrel on it, it is a violation of state law to replace the stock with a pistol grip and/or the barrel with a short barrel. If a Thompson Center comes into this state with a pistol grip on it, all license and safety inspection requirements apply. A Thompson Center pistol may legally be converted from a pistol to a rifle; however it cannot be converted back.
    I didn't know the bolded part. I thought that since it was originally registered as a pistol you could return it to it's original configuration....MSP says no. Are they correct, did this change, did they misinterpret the law, or am I just remembering incorrectly?

Bronson
    Last edited by Bronson; 04-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    From the link that DrTodd posted:

I didn't know the bolded part. I thought that since it was originally registered as a pistol you could return it to it's original configuration....MSP says no. Are they correct, did this change, did they misinterpret the law, or am I just remembering incorrectly?

Bronson
    It may be that they are interpreting federal law.

On the bottom of this page: http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=239, I found this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruling.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	8345
    Maybe they don't know about this ruling:
    http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulin...ing-2011-4.pdf
    Last edited by DrTodd; 04-19-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.