• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dilemma: Travon Hoodie Day at Seattle School...

Beretta92FSLady

Beretta92FSLady: Would you have allowed your child to go to school as I did this morning?

No, we home-school and I would never allow my children to attend one of those re-education camps and mind laundries.

What I find most laughable about the schools preaching and teaching a "non-violence day" is that everyday in the government schools is a celebration of the state's right to initiate force against others and reserve the right to maintain a police state that fines, kidnaps, cages, maims and kills disobedient citizens whether they have committed a crime or not. A true national non-violence day would be a total withdrawal of consent to be ruled and a refusal to comply with the tens of thousands of laws that have turned America into a penal colony where the inmates are trained to bow to authority at every level and even sing songs and wave fabric to celebrate their chains and shackles.

Statism is a mental illness where your neighbor is considered your property.

There is no justice system, only a legal system.

You are correct, there is no Justice.

As far as public schools being re-education camps, I suppose that's why it is imperative that as a parent you teach your children how to reason in the face of stupidity. But then I suppose your children aren't exposed to the trenches being educated at home. I home-schooled my children for a year, then sent them back to public school. The most effective way to counter stupidity is to understand what it is the individual is being stupid about; you must think like the idiot--not be the idiot.

I do believe in America we have millions of laws, I could be wrong though. This is just Federal Laws: "The current edition of the code was published in 2006, and according to the US Government Printing Office, is over 200,000 pages long" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Code

Now, there is no number on the laws that I could find, but 200,000 pages is significant. That doesn't count City, State, etc.

Statism is just like all other "isms," I suppose Capitalism is a mental illness as well?

I really enjoy interacting with some of you. It's nice to get a view into the lives, and processes of others.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Certainly is a useful literary device to drive a point home.

I take it that your contention is that justice is always served in our wonderful legal system?

Justice is merely a feel-good notion.

You drove your point home, I assure you.

Last edited:

Stanley

Certainly is a useful literary device to drive a point home.

I take it that your contention is that justice is always served in our wonderful legal system?

The word justice is meaningless. At best it's revenge. Not that I have a problem with revenge. ;)

One should be able to make a point without falsehoods and exaggerations methinks.

Hyperbole just reinforces the image of extremist nutcase. If the goal is preaching to the choir then have at it. If the goal is to make a point to someone other than the choir then it is the wrong literary tool.

Personally I would refrain from using literary devices at all because they belong in stories and poems, not statements of fact, theses, debates or discussions.

Shrug...

Last edited:

lysander6

The word justice is meaningless. At best it's revenge. Not that I have a problem with revenge. ;)

One should be able to make a point without falsehoods and exaggerations methinks.

Hyperbole just reinforces the image of extremist nutcase. If the goal is preaching to the choir then have at it. If the goal is to make a point to someone other than the choir then it is the wrong literary tool.

Personally I would refrain from using literary devices at all because they belong in stories and poems, not statements of fact, theses, debates or discussions.

Shrug...

Stanley,

I say this with the sincerest gentlemanly comportment; how we use our words is important and I would point out that your Washington quote is all of that and more but drives the point home with that much more ferocity, makes it stick. If you don't care for the merits of my arguments, lay on, I am always willing to learn or correct someone who needs further elucidation.

Beretta92FSLady

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Let's break it down like a fraction: A inherant quality of Party dissension is revenge; it is A frightful Despotism...but not the only frightful Despotism. So, both political Party's are being Despotic. It appear that Washington is speaking to consensus, but we won't have that, now will we; so, alternatively, we take Despotism.

Are you all enjoying sleeping in the bed that we have all made?

Last edited:

lysander6

You are correct, there is no Justice.

As far as public schools being re-education camps, I suppose that's why it is imperative that as a parent you teach your children how to reason in the face of stupidity. But then I suppose your children aren't exposed to the trenches being educated at home. I home-schooled my children for a year, then sent them back to public school. The most effective way to counter stupidity is to understand what it is the individual is being stupid about; you must think like the idiot--not be the idiot.

I do believe in America we have millions of laws, I could be wrong though. This is just Federal Laws: "The current edition of the code was published in 2006, and according to the US Government Printing Office, is over 200,000 pages long" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Code

Now, there is no number on the laws that I could find, but 200,000 pages is significant. That doesn't count City, State, etc.

Statism is just like all other "isms," I suppose Capitalism is a mental illness as well?

I really enjoy interacting with some of you. It's nice to get a view into the lives, and processes of others.

You are right and the government does not know how many laws there actually are.

I wrote about it here: http://zerogov.com/?p=2153

I cannot say that capitalism is a mental illness because it a natural human compulsion to trade goods and services using the most convenient medium of exchange we can find or use barter. Of course, in this country, capitalism is a four letter word because the individual agency and self-determination it describes is anathema to government control and ownership.

Bully for you for homeschooling and paying attention to what they are exposing your children to in the gladiatorial arena. Keep a close eye on them. I get the sense that you are serious about what they are exposed to.

Stanley

Washington wasn't trying to make a logical argument. He was trying to incite emotion.

Hence the literary device. At times it works, but it works only on those that already agree to some point (whether they know or not).

You can't just incite a random person to riot, for example. They already wanted to riot and merely needed an excuse.

Someone not wanting to riot will merely listen to the words and dismiss the speaker as a fool or extremist.

Take Sharpton. One group is looking for an excuse to go bonkers and listens to his words and you guessed it, goes bonkers. The other group thinks he and they are idiots.

That's how you make a point, well that's how I make a point. :D No literary devices needed.

Beretta92FSLady

You are right and the government does not know how many laws there actually are.

I wrote about it here: http://zerogov.com/?p=2153

I will read it.

I cannot say that capitalism is a mental illness because it a natural human compulsion to trade goods and services using the most convenient medium of exchange we can find or use barter. Of course, in this country, capitalism is a four letter word because the individual agency and self-determination it describes is anathema to government control and ownership.

I sure wish that were the case. But along those same lines, one could argue that it is a natural human compulsion for humans to worship, and to dominate. Self-Determination is another one of those feel-good notions; most of these things (Self-Determinism, Justice), are the human attempting to convince themselves that they have control, that they have choice.

Bully for you for homeschooling and paying attention to what they are exposing your children to in the gladiatorial arena. Keep a close eye on them. I get the sense that you are serious about what they are exposed to.

You may not be aware of this, but asking your children questions, such as: What did you learn about in school today?; going over their assignments, and having general conversations with your child will bring to light what they are being taught at school. It's not rocket science.

I am serious about how they confront and process issues, not necessarily what they are exposed to.

Last edited:

jbone

Beretta92FSLady;1737338...hoodie[/QUOTE said:
Is it possible to hate a word, if I did would others say it’s a case of Logophobia? Well I hate the word hoodie, it sounds dirty, deceitful, scummy, a no good lousy word I say! And easily, far too easily identifiable with no good lousy street thugs I say!

When I was a kid it was a Jersey sweatshirt that happened to have a hood, to keep you warm when running around the campground, and Mom always said put your hood on so you don't catch get cold.

Now days Moms are saying put you hoodie on so the security cameras don’t seez yah. :lol:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
snip...

Are you all enjoying sleeping in the bed that we have all made?

The "bed that WE have all made"?

Back on the rustoleum are we?

Common sense used too be .... well, common sense.

We now live in a country where reality is subjective, facts are meaningless, a mess made on canvas (or a crucifix in a jar of piss) is "art" and that is something WE have done?

No dear lady you are well aware of who made this bed, WE have tolerated the stupidity far too long. I'm hoping our collective patience for such idiocy has reached it's climax. For years people had resisted liberalism only to be marginalized as old fashioned, it wasn't those of us who've resisted liberalism who've made this bed. We haven't even slept in it comfortably since you leftist idiots began ******* in it since the 1920's.

OC for ME

It does seem to be the case, doesn't it. Don't most kids associate those things? I suppose as an alternative they ought to have brought a couple of my handguns to school, and a dead Negro since there seems to be an epidemic of violence in the Negro community.
I do not think most kids associate those things, because I can not speak for most kids. I'll take a risk and state that kids who are encouraged to associate will associate, the 'environmenatl factors' explanation.

But, almost all of the kids I know, via my kids, do not associate those things. In fact, I do not know any kids, not really all that many compared to a entire country full of kids of course, who associate those things.

You could have let your kids strap on a couple of gats and take a dead negro to school....or, your could have asked them to use Google and find some examples that illustrate the black on black crime wave. Then have them find some examples of the the white-hispanic-ish on black crime wave. The actually-white on black crime wave, maybe even the black on white crime wave. I gather that there would have been far more acceptable options, other than they taking a dead negro to school.

But, I do see what you did there, with your negro comment.