• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Payment Q

kay9

Week or so ago we mailed our CCW Permit Application(s) and today when browsing the AZDPS Website again something clicked in my head that did not before.
Reading step 4 of this link http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Permits/Obtain/
there is a line stating
"the appropriate fee in the form of a money order, cashier's or certified check; payable to the AZ DPS to the CWPU"

I made both Money Orders out to AZ DPS and it did not even occur to me that "to the CWPU" may need to be included.

Any thoughts if they are going to have trouble cashing the Money Order by not fully entering the payable information?

Thanks.

azcdlfred

Week or so ago we mailed our CCW Permit Application(s) and today when browsing the AZDPS Website again something clicked in my head that did not before.
Reading step 4 of this link http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Permits/Obtain/
there is a line stating
"the appropriate fee in the form of a money order, cashier's or certified check; payable to the AZ DPS to the CWPU"

I made both Money Orders out to AZ DPS and it did not even occur to me that "to the CWPU" may need to be included.

Any thoughts if they are going to have trouble cashing the Money Order by not fully entering the payable information?

Thanks.
It's been a few years since I renewed, but I've done it a few times (got my first Arizona permission slip in 1999 - as a non-resident) and I've only had "AZ DPS" (or something similar) printed on the Cashier's Check.

I recommend simply calling the CCW unit to see if there is a problem. They're nice folks.

Fred

Roy V

there is a line stating

Thanks.

My non resident permit money order was made out to "AZ DPS" for $60.00, just looking at the copy now. No problems and the permit came in 43 days later. Don't see an issue with yours.