Thread: Want a retention holster for my Sig P226

Want a retention holster for my Sig P226

I have yet to find a retention holster for my Sig P226 that has a Sig laser/light STL900, until now this is the only thing I've been able to find. Would like opinions and wonder if anybody has ever seen or used one. It's called the Phalanx Flash.

http://youtu.be/3VsHlaWS2xE
    watch your top knot !

Thumbs up

Instead of detention, I suggest you make your Sig write, "I will not come out of the holster on my own," 1000 times on the blackboard.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Take a look at the Safariland ALS series holsters. You can usually get a decent deal at opticsplanet.net. However, you'll want to get on Safariland's website. Review the "will fit" charts. You can also call them and get some advice about what to get.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Instead of detention, I suggest you make your Sig write, "I will not come out of the holster on my own," 1000 times on the blackboard.
    I can't believe I did that. I got the "retention" part right in the post. I don't know what made me type "detention" in the thread title. How do I fix that? By the way, I have checked out the Safariland holsters. I really like them and I called the company and looked at their charts. They told me they don't have a level II or III RETENTION LOL! holster that accommodates that gun with that laser/light
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    I can't believe I did that. I got the "retention" part right in the post. I don't know what made me type "detention" in the thread title. How do I fix that? By the way, I have checked out the Safariland holsters. I really like them and I called the company and looked at their charts. They told me they don't have a level II or III RETENTION LOL! holster that accommodates that gun with that laser/light

Yeah, you won't find mass-manufacturer holster makers supporting that light/laser, for three reasons: it's a SIG proprietary product, and has changed design a couple times (this in particular really burns holster makers because they have a hard time supporting every possible combination), it isn't widely used by LEOs, and it has protruding control buttons on the sides, making it harder to design a holster that won't accidentally turn the laser on.

What I would do is find a leather holster maker who makes a nice thumb-break holster (with the special one direction snaps), and is also willing to do something semi-custom. Chances are there's someone near you, and they can use your gun and light to mold the leather to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by CO-Joe View Post
    Yeah, you won't find mass-manufacturer holster makers supporting that light/laser, for three reasons: it's a SIG proprietary product, and has changed design a couple times (this in particular really burns holster makers because they have a hard time supporting every possible combination), it isn't widely used by LEOs, and it has protruding control buttons on the sides, making it harder to design a holster that won't accidentally turn the laser on.

What I would do is find a leather holster maker who makes a nice thumb-break holster (with the special one direction snaps), and is also willing to do something semi-custom. Chances are there's someone near you, and they can use your gun and light to mold the leather to fit.
    Thanks! Also, I had worried about my laser turning on when I do end up wearing it in a holster. Right now I just wear the gun in a holster without the light. I think I might invest in that "Phalanx Flash" in the video and see what happens. I could always sell it if I'm not happy. Hopefully!
    watch your top knot !