• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want a retention holster for my Sig P226

hjmoosejaw

I have yet to find a retention holster for my Sig P226 that has a Sig laser/light STL900, until now this is the only thing I've been able to find. Would like opinions and wonder if anybody has ever seen or used one. It's called the Phalanx Flash.

http://youtu.be/3VsHlaWS2xE

ManInBlack

Instead of detention, I suggest you make your Sig write, "I will not come out of the holster on my own," 1000 times on the blackboard.

tomrkba

Take a look at the Safariland ALS series holsters. You can usually get a decent deal at opticsplanet.net. However, you'll want to get on Safariland's website. Review the "will fit" charts. You can also call them and get some advice about what to get.

hjmoosejaw

Instead of detention, I suggest you make your Sig write, "I will not come out of the holster on my own," 1000 times on the blackboard.

I can't believe I did that. I got the "retention" part right in the post. I don't know what made me type "detention" in the thread title. How do I fix that? By the way, I have checked out the Safariland holsters. I really like them and I called the company and looked at their charts. They told me they don't have a level II or III RETENTION LOL! holster that accommodates that gun with that laser/light

CO-Joe

I can't believe I did that. I got the "retention" part right in the post. I don't know what made me type "detention" in the thread title. How do I fix that? By the way, I have checked out the Safariland holsters. I really like them and I called the company and looked at their charts. They told me they don't have a level II or III RETENTION LOL! holster that accommodates that gun with that laser/light

Yeah, you won't find mass-manufacturer holster makers supporting that light/laser, for three reasons: it's a SIG proprietary product, and has changed design a couple times (this in particular really burns holster makers because they have a hard time supporting every possible combination), it isn't widely used by LEOs, and it has protruding control buttons on the sides, making it harder to design a holster that won't accidentally turn the laser on.

What I would do is find a leather holster maker who makes a nice thumb-break holster (with the special one direction snaps), and is also willing to do something semi-custom. Chances are there's someone near you, and they can use your gun and light to mold the leather to fit.

hjmoosejaw

Yeah, you won't find mass-manufacturer holster makers supporting that light/laser, for three reasons: it's a SIG proprietary product, and has changed design a couple times (this in particular really burns holster makers because they have a hard time supporting every possible combination), it isn't widely used by LEOs, and it has protruding control buttons on the sides, making it harder to design a holster that won't accidentally turn the laser on.

What I would do is find a leather holster maker who makes a nice thumb-break holster (with the special one direction snaps), and is also willing to do something semi-custom. Chances are there's someone near you, and they can use your gun and light to mold the leather to fit.

Thanks! Also, I had worried about my laser turning on when I do end up wearing it in a holster. Right now I just wear the gun in a holster without the light. I think I might invest in that "Phalanx Flash" in the video and see what happens. I could always sell it if I'm not happy. Hopefully!