• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

meet and greet lunch in goldsboro 5 may @ zackbys?

ncwabbit

talked w/the assistant manager about their thoughts regarding a OC group lunch meet up and after checking w/the manager, said ok. therefore, i will be enjoying a salad w/blacken chicken on the 5th of May at 1230 - 1330 if anybody wishes to join me.
104 NORTH BERKELEY BOULEVARD
GOLDSBORO NC 27534
wabbit

PS: not even going to try and moderate any type of attendee list as for some reason it doesn't seem to work well...

ajr2409

I've been lurking for a while, but finally joined. Thought I might be the only one around Goldsboro.

I'd love to attend a meetup in Goldsboro, but my work schedule has me working every Saturday. :cry:

If anyone ever puts something together on a Sunday or Monday though, I'll do my best to attend!

ncwabbit

ajr2409, lurk no longer...i am also willing to meet up at starbucks during the any day during the week, unfortunately my weekend schedule is full until when i offered to meet on the 5th.

ping me via PM if you wish to meet up during a weekday...

wabbit

c1ph3r88

I would go if it wasn't so darn far away. If it became a definite event I could take a day and drive up there. It's a little over an hour away.

ncwabbit

well mates, i will be sitting there a little over a week enjoying lunch...the hard decision is blacken chicken w/salad or their cajan sandwich...caveat...their fries suck...they are mushy and when you ask for crispy they frown at you...

wabbit

ncwabbit

sorry bout that diablo...we must have truly just missed each other as i left just about 1300...i enjoyed my salad amongst the USA/USAF reservists and other folk. interestingly enough, the AF SMS was the bloke who seemed to get upset the most i was sporting my 5.7 as he kept looking and getting his friends to look at my side...

lets plan to do this again in the near future...thoughts on the matter?

wabbit

Rugershooter

Military

sorry bout that diablo...we must have truly just missed each other as i left just about 1300...i enjoyed my salad amongst the USA/USAF reservists and other folk. interestingly enough, the AF SMS was the bloke who seemed to get upset the most i was sporting my 5.7 as he kept looking and getting his friends to look at my side...

lets plan to do this again in the near future...thoughts on the matter?

wabbit

SMS? is that suppose to be SMSgt? I can see him being that way. There are ALOT of misconceptions/opinions/hear say/plain lies floating around the military about handeling a weapon period, especially state specific laws. Alot of "Facts" military get are from hear say "Ole Sgt so and so went to the CCL on base and the guy there told him that----(fill in the blank)" Most of us (yes im active duty too but I'm from NC) are NOT from NC, mostly young 18-20 yrs old Airman from different states and too lazy/ not interested in taking the iniative to look up laws for themselves. When i was stationed in Arkansas i researched the law for myself which differed greatly from the "facts" you get from work...BTW Arkansas gun laws suck..except the no laws on having a gun lock around "reasonable people" B.S.

ncwabbit

Rugershooter...it is not my fault McPeak (might be tad 'fore your time :eek:) insisted on ensuring the titles were changed...lol 'sides...he was a reservist through and though...

still available to meet up for coffee/chai if someone wishes to ping me...

wabbit

Last edited:

Rugershooter

Yea that was before me for sure lol, I just hate the idea of new(some seasoned) Airman(big A) being pumped full of BS by people who dont have a clue what the laws are, it works that way for guns, paperwork,everything, even with my job, Rebuild/run jet engines and new kids will believe anything with out reading tech data researching or any thing....