Thread: 10/12/10 Warren OC complaint doesn't go well

10/12/10 Warren OC complaint doesn't go well

Now that Jeff's Warren case has been finalized, I felt I could release this audio without causing his case any problems. The original issue arose from a group of us open carriers going to the Warren PD to assist a friend who had been ticketed while OC with "miscellaneous cpl violation"(that laughable ticket was thrown out of court). Once in the Warren PD headquarters, we were surrounded and forced to ID ourselves or have our firearms seized. I was one of those who refused to ID so my firearm was taken from my holster by Sergeant Bush. Since our rights were already violated, on advice of counsel, we ID ourselves to get our guns back. This is the audio of me attempting to file a complaint a couple days later. Any wonder why Warren is so screwed up? Here is a good place to start. He wouldn't even talk to me until I disarmed. After this, I filed an internal affairs complaint against this Lieutenant. I look forward to standing in front of him when MOC gives him and his officers open carry training. I'll be sure to say 'Hi' when I see him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbrL...CsLmzMLPtW8Pw=
    Last edited by scot623; 04-13-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Warrens High and Almighty Attitude

It is most definitely time to go to the Prosecutors office and file a complaint with them instead of warrens pd .

What ever became of the I.A. complaint? Did they follow up on it?

Banned
    There should be a lawsuit for each time a right is deprived. Sooner or later, one of them will hit big.

LEO's are not allowed to give lawful advice.

Banned
    Good point.

Banned
    This cop cant even keep his own argument straight.

Most LEO's can not.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    There should be a lawsuit for each time a right is deprived. Sooner or later, one of them will hit big.
    As any lawyer will tell you, damages have to be proven. True my rights were violated...but to what degree? What were the damages from me having my firearm taken from my holster and kept until I ID myself? Jeff had a gun drawn on him, forced to the ground, handcuffed and knees scraped when he was dragged up...all equalling $5000. If I filed a case based on my "damages" (and could find a lawyer to take it), I might get $50 and a Snickers.
    Last edited by scot623; 04-14-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    As any lawyer will tell you, damages have to be proven. True my rights were violated...but to what degree?
    42 USC 1983, counselor. *I* am not a lawyer.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 04-14-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Absolutely pathetic, he admits on tape to blatently disreguarding the law but doesn't care. He even tells you to go ahead get a lawyer and sue the department and him. Sounds like good advise to me. I would seek legal counsel and file a civil and federal lawsuit. I see quite a few of your rights as well as some important laws were violated by him and the department.

Legal action appears the only way to FORCE them to uphold the law. They are well aware of the law, but refuse to obey it. They appear to think because they are cops they are above it and can do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.

As any lawyer will tell you, damages have to be proven. True my rights were violated...but to what degree? What were the damages from me having my firearm taken from my holster and kept until I ID myself? Jeff had a gun drawn on him, forced to the ground, handcuffed and knees scraped when he was dragged up...all equalling $5000. If I filed a case based on my "damages" (and could find a lawyer to take it), I might get $50 and a Snickers.
    Let us not forget your mental anguish, the Post traumatic stress you endured being accousted by a cop unlawfully, you sleepless nights and nightmares. Your now ever present distrust and fear of police due to his illegal actions. Should I go on?

Damages amounts are subjective, aim for the moon and be happy when you make it into orbit.

You stumped him when you said that you could be carrying concealed right then, he wouldn't know it, and he was okay with that, so the only difference was he was against open carry rather than concealed carry. LOL.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Banned
    Sometimes it isn't the amount of the win that's important. Its the fight. If all you get is a snickers, is that not better than getting beat up for your lunch money?

This needs to be out where people can hear it for themselves.

Banned
    Has the State Representative of those involved here and the city of Warren heard this?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-14-2012 at 10:16 AM.

The LEO was wrong and if for nothing more than a snickers, he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Banned
    I just posted the video on the MSP facebook page. Maybe they will look into it.

Sounds like an officer that's letting his feelings and opinions cloud his judgement of the law, which leaves him open to be held liable. He clearly stated he doesn't care, he is not concerned with the lawsuits. So let the lawsuits inform his superiors who then inform him what he can't do.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Has the State Representative of those involved here and the city of Warren heard this?
    I notified all my Reps and 1 City council member about my incident.There were at least 5 OCers disarmed in the public lobby of WPD in this manner.I am a witness.I was there!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetal View Post
    Absolutely pathetic, he admits on tape to blatently disreguarding the law but doesn't care. He even tells you to go ahead get a lawyer and sue the department and him. Sounds like good advise to me. I would seek legal counsel and file a civil and federal lawsuit. I see quite a few of your rights as well as some important laws were violated by him and the department.

Legal action appears the only way to FORCE them to uphold the law. They are well aware of the law, but refuse to obey it. They appear to think because they are cops they are above it and can do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.

Let us not forget your mental anguish, the Post traumatic stress you endured being accousted by a cop unlawfully, you sleepless nights and nightmares. Your now ever present distrust and fear of police due to his illegal actions. Should I go on?

Damages amounts are subjective, aim for the moon and be happy when you make it into orbit.
    Mental anguish,PTS,sleepless nights and nightmares are all part of being violated! The suffering is true,I know.Been there still there!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

Lightbulb

Sometimes it isn't the amount of the win that's important. Its the fight. If all you get is a snickers, is that not better than getting beat up for your lunch money?

This needs to be out where people can hear it for themselves.
    When Rights Violations are "let go" or ignored,they will continue!No Deterent,No Determination to Change actions.No Punishment,No Change! When Good People Do Nothing,Evil Prevails! Simple Common Sense(TRUTH)! CARRY ON!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    When Rights Violations are "let go" or ignored,they will continue!No Deterent,No Determination to Change actions.No Punishment,No Change! When Good People Do Nothing,Evil Prevails! Simple Common Sense(TRUTH)! CARRY ON!
    Exactly. This guy didnt come out of the academy like this. It is a practiced and learned behavior, he's done this before.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    It is most definitely time to go to the Prosecutors office and file a complaint with them instead of warrens pd .
    What you and most other honest citizens don't understand is that the prosecutor in almost every case is simply an outsourced attorney. They often aren't even based in the city they serve. To make matters worse they serve at the will of the PD and Administration. Talk about conflict of interest. No wonder it is nearly impossible to get an officer charged at the local level. This is why the FEDERAL courts are used. Because they are usually beyond the reach of corrupt local officials sphere of influence.

In my honest opinion, until local prosecutors are elected by the people, and thus accountable to them, we will see little action on their part against the hands that feed them. Regardless if those hands are criminal..... sad that our system has devolved to this

Sent from my PMID701C using Tapatalk 2
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    . sad that our system has devolved to this
    I suspect it was designed into the system, not a condition of decadence.

Banned
    why hand over your gun at all? defend yourself from assault & theft