• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10/12/10 Warren OC complaint doesn't go well

scot623

Now that Jeff's Warren case has been finalized, I felt I could release this audio without causing his case any problems. The original issue arose from a group of us open carriers going to the Warren PD to assist a friend who had been ticketed while OC with "miscellaneous cpl violation"(that laughable ticket was thrown out of court). Once in the Warren PD headquarters, we were surrounded and forced to ID ourselves or have our firearms seized. I was one of those who refused to ID so my firearm was taken from my holster by Sergeant Bush. Since our rights were already violated, on advice of counsel, we ID ourselves to get our guns back. This is the audio of me attempting to file a complaint a couple days later. Any wonder why Warren is so screwed up? Here is a good place to start. He wouldn't even talk to me until I disarmed. After this, I filed an internal affairs complaint against this Lieutenant. I look forward to standing in front of him when MOC gives him and his officers open carry training. I'll be sure to say 'Hi' when I see him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbr...DvjVQa1PpcFPC93U2YP8_cUQqYrHnIlCsLmzMLPtW8Pw=

Last edited:

michaelm_ski

Warrens High and Almighty Attitude

It is most definitely time to go to the Prosecutors office and file a complaint with them instead of warrens pd . :mad:

scot623

There should be a lawsuit for each time a right is deprived. Sooner or later, one of them will hit big.

As any lawyer will tell you, damages have to be proven. True my rights were violated...but to what degree? What were the damages from me having my firearm taken from my holster and kept until I ID myself? Jeff had a gun drawn on him, forced to the ground, handcuffed and knees scraped when he was dragged up...all equalling $5000. If I filed a case based on my "damages" (and could find a lawyer to take it), I might get $50 and a Snickers.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

As any lawyer will tell you, damages have to be proven. True my rights were violated...but to what degree?

42 USC 1983, counselor. *I* am not a lawyer.

Last edited:

Hevymetal

Absolutely pathetic, he admits on tape to blatently disreguarding the law but doesn't care. He even tells you to go ahead get a lawyer and sue the department and him. Sounds like good advise to me. I would seek legal counsel and file a civil and federal lawsuit. I see quite a few of your rights as well as some important laws were violated by him and the department.

Legal action appears the only way to FORCE them to uphold the law. They are well aware of the law, but refuse to obey it. They appear to think because they are cops they are above it and can do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.

As any lawyer will tell you, damages have to be proven. True my rights were violated...but to what degree? What were the damages from me having my firearm taken from my holster and kept until I ID myself? Jeff had a gun drawn on him, forced to the ground, handcuffed and knees scraped when he was dragged up...all equalling $5000. If I filed a case based on my "damages" (and could find a lawyer to take it), I might get $50 and a Snickers.

Let us not forget your mental anguish, the Post traumatic stress you endured being accousted by a cop unlawfully, you sleepless nights and nightmares. Your now ever present distrust and fear of police due to his illegal actions. Should I go on?

Damages amounts are subjective, aim for the moon and be happy when you make it into orbit.

griffin

You stumped him when you said that you could be carrying concealed right then, he wouldn't know it, and he was okay with that, so the only difference was he was against open carry rather than concealed carry. LOL.

stainless1911

Banned

Sometimes it isn't the amount of the win that's important. Its the fight. If all you get is a snickers, is that not better than getting beat up for your lunch money?

This needs to be out where people can hear it for themselves.

OneForAll

The LEO was wrong and if for nothing more than a snickers, he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Motofixxer

Sounds like an officer that's letting his feelings and opinions cloud his judgement of the law, which leaves him open to be held liable. He clearly stated he doesn't care, he is not concerned with the lawsuits. So let the lawsuits inform his superiors who then inform him what he can't do.

Haman J.T.

Has the State Representative of those involved here and the city of Warren heard this?
I notified all my Reps and 1 City council member about my incident.There were at least 5 OCers disarmed in the public lobby of WPD in this manner.I am a witness.I was there!

Haman J.T.

Absolutely pathetic, he admits on tape to blatently disreguarding the law but doesn't care. He even tells you to go ahead get a lawyer and sue the department and him. Sounds like good advise to me. I would seek legal counsel and file a civil and federal lawsuit. I see quite a few of your rights as well as some important laws were violated by him and the department.

Legal action appears the only way to FORCE them to uphold the law. They are well aware of the law, but refuse to obey it. They appear to think because they are cops they are above it and can do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.

Let us not forget your mental anguish, the Post traumatic stress you endured being accousted by a cop unlawfully, you sleepless nights and nightmares. Your now ever present distrust and fear of police due to his illegal actions. Should I go on?

Damages amounts are subjective, aim for the moon and be happy when you make it into orbit.
Mental anguish,PTS,sleepless nights and nightmares are all part of being violated! The suffering is true,I know.Been there still there!

Haman J.T.

Sometimes it isn't the amount of the win that's important. Its the fight. If all you get is a snickers, is that not better than getting beat up for your lunch money?

This needs to be out where people can hear it for themselves.
When Rights Violations are "let go" or ignored,they will continue!No Deterent,No Determination to Change actions.No Punishment,No Change! When Good People Do Nothing,Evil Prevails! Simple Common Sense(TRUTH)! CARRY ON!