Thread: VA biggest OC group in America?

VA biggest OC group in America?

Is VA the biggest OC group in America? It sure has the most posts.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

We are a "group"? Maybe a conspiracy instead.

I'm ecstatic that "we" are not organized, incorporated, and do not have club jackets (colors). It's what grass-roots is supposed to be.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    We are a "group"? Maybe a conspiracy instead.

I'm ecstatic that "we" are not organized, incorporated, and do not have club jackets (colors). It's what grass-roots is supposed to be.

stay safe.
    I dunno, I think club jackets would be cool.

We may or may not be the largest, but we are definitely the chattiest. Hence the higher post count.

What I ment, was we have the most members, and functions?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    jackets would be cool.
    Over 200 have shirts: http://www.zazzle.com/virginia_open_...08384023242679
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I was looking for ED's store to see if he still had challenge coins.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

What no pocket tees? That's a deal breaker. Gotta have a pocket. But I do like the hoodie (insert evil laugh).
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Maybe so. But ill pass on the Gang Affiliation....with the exception of my WheelinDixie tshirts.
    Mud Blood and Oil with a great dane along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post

They are nice, but they are not "official".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

stay safe.
    Yep, there is no official. It's a group of gabby people. Mike used to talk about "The Cause". There is no cause or organization, just people exercising their constitutional rights.

stay safe.
    What Open Carry groups are "official"? Google OPEN Carry and you will see plenty of groups from other states.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    I was looking for ED's store to see if he still had challenge coins.
    We do.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    While there is no direct connection between VCDL and OCDO user/members, there is a commonality of goals and purpose inherent in both word and deed - to provide the means to return home safely each and everyday of our lives and to pass that legacy on to future generations. We have become the keeper of the flame.

VCDL members compromise a vast percentage of the contributors to OCDO in Virginia. VCDL is that formal organization that binds us together as grassroots activists, both in leadership and numbers - as has been said before we are "a force to be reckoned with." VCDL is structured and directed to work at achieving specific goals relative to self-defense and the RKBA. Yes members socialize and share other life experiences, but it all comes back to the choice to embrace self-defense as a legal and moral right. Membership is not free - there are dues formal and informal to be paid. When I select to wear "colors" announcing who and what I am, I don the specific trappings of VCDL: hat, shirt, jacket with the minuteman patch and/or name tag. I wear no other club/organization colors - period. Oh and I OC 99.9% of the time.

So what is OCDO? IMVHO, it is a forum - a place where people can share ideas, knowledge, information and free think the promotion/defense of OC, more or less exclusively to other methods of SD. OCDO does not have members or a charter - we are participants/practitioners who are identified by how we carry.

Whether I go to the GA, a restaurant or a mom and pop shop, I go as a member of VCDL. OCing is frequently the conversation starter that leads to an explanation of and invitation to join VCDL, but it is simply normal, everyday business. VCDL is the identifier.

Promote VCDL while OCing - great two pronged publicity. VCDL being arguably the best organization of its type in the country (certainly the original CDL) and with OCDO being a unique specialty forum, second to none.

Want to see my colors? Here the are in red, white and blue!

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    While there is no direct connection between VCDL and OCDO user/members, there is a commonality of goals and purpose inherent in both word and deed - to provide the means to return home safely each and everyday of our lives and to pass that legacy on to future generations. We have become the keeper of the flame.

VCDL members compromise a vast percentage of the contributors to OCDO in Virginia. VCDL is that formal organization that binds us together as grassroots activists, both in leadership and numbers - as has been said before we are "a force to be reckoned with." VCDL is structured and directed to work at achieving specific goals relative to self-defense and the RKBA. Yes members socialize and share other life experiences, but it all comes back to the choice to embrace self-defense as a legal and moral right. Membership is not free - there are dues formal and informal to be paid. When I select to wear "colors" announcing who and what I am, I don the specific trappings of VCDL: hat, shirt, jacket with the minuteman patch and/or name tag. I wear no other club/organization colors - period. Oh and I OC 99.9% of the time.

So what is OCDO? IMVHO, it is a forum - a place where people can share ideas, knowledge, information and free think the promotion/defense of OC, more or less exclusively to other methods of SD. OCDO does not have members or a charter - we are participants/practitioners who are identified by how we carry.

Whether I go to the GA, a restaurant or a mom and pop shop, I go as a member of VCDL. OCing is frequently the conversation starter that leads to an explanation of and invitation to join VCDL, but it is simply normal, everyday business. VCDL is the identifier.

Promote VCDL while OCing - great two pronged publicity. VCDL being arguably the best organization of its type in the country (certainly the original CDL) and with OCDO being a unique specialty forum, second to none.

Want to see my colors? Here the are in red, white and blue!

Hear, hear.

And VCDL won't delete or ban you if you don't toe the line, though (I believe) they have the right if you willfully disobey gun laws or safety rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    You folks may be biggest in terms of individual physical size as so many of the meetups are held at buffets...but I dunno that for sure since I haven't attended any of 'em.

Just joshing y'all it's great to see that kind of camaraderie.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    You folks may be biggest in terms of individual physical size as so many of the meetups are held at buffets...but I dunno that for sure since I haven't attended any of 'em.

Just joshing y'all it's great to see that kind of camaraderie.

Buffets are pretty much sure to have enough room to put all of us together. And we generally sit out in the middle. And when we do not there are folks getting up for new plates full all the time. We do meet up other places, but good food, good conversation and good friends just seem to go together.

I've never been to Cincinattii except to drive through on my way to somewhere else. Even so, I'm willing to bet you could get a decent group together if you just picked the place and announced the date/time. No need for formal meetings to vote about everything. This "technique" is how our Richmond monthly dinners and weekly breakfasts started - and then folks who thought it was too far to drive did the same thing in their neighborhoods. Why, after a while it became a MOVEMENT!

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Yeah I know about Meet 'n' Greets for gunsters, I've put together a few here in my state as a member of Ohioans For Concealed Carry. Another thing about buffets is that because not everybody arrives promptly you're not putting a strain on the wait staff. (Even if you planned a get together two years ahead there would be folks who drifted in half an hour late.)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Hey! Just because plenty of us are...umm...well fed is no reason to go slinging insulting questions.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Originally Posted by ocholsteroc
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hey! Just because plenty of us are...umm...well fed is no reason to go slinging insulting questions.
    Speak for yourself, I lose my shadow on a windy day
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Speak for yourself, I lose my shadow on a windy day
    Aw come on Grape you turn sideways and we lose you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Aw come on Grape you turn sideways and we lose you.
    See there, blading really does work.

As to the OP question, I think I'd prefer to respond by saying that we certainly have one of the most active and effective of the state forums. The general attitude and participation level is outstanding, respect and courtesy abound. There is a "can do" mind set and you all get the job done. Seldom are personal attributes a point of contention - we would seem to recognize that others have strengths and bring diverse abilities to the table. Working with those differences/individual qualities, rather than making them limiting, is part of the glue that bonds us into such a cohesive, moving force within Virginia. I think that the poster/users here present a fine example, that others could do worse than to emulate.

Anyone on the Virginia forum who wants to know who internally is responsible for that only needs but to look in the mirror. We are truly the sum total of our parts. Virginia and the "membership" here stand tall. You all have a right to be proud - you make it so.