Thread: And another OCer joins the ranks...

And another OCer joins the ranks...

Finally I spot a fellow OCer in Madison! (I had a jacket on, so I was CC.) I was shopping early this evening at Woodmans (East) when I spotted a young guy working his way down the aisle towards me. Caught a glimpse of something on his hip, but because of the angle I had to wait a moment as he got closer to confirm that he was indeed armed with a pistol. I talked to him for a few minutes and learned that he had just picked up the gun tonight and he decided to try open carry. He told me he stopped at the counter first to ask if it was OK and they told him "no problem." I gave him my WCI card and personal business card and suggested that he check out opencarry.org to learn more about the OC experiences of others, summary of laws and other topics of interest. He doesn't have a CCL yet and he said that his friend told him that somebody was offering a CC course for $50 but he didn't know who it was. So I told him he could get a FREE course from WCI. He had some questions regarding transporting the gun in the vehicle, so I gave a brief update on that and warned him of the GFSZ danger.

Maybe he'll make his own appearance on this forum... are you out there, bud?
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

That's cool! I haven't seen another open carrier in the wild yet.

According to the WCI facebook page a few if us in my area shop at the same Pick N Save and Woodman's so im sure its just a matter if time.

Hopefully he drops by here and says hi! And a reminder, don't ask! Just carry if its not posted.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Way to go Shotgun. +1 buddy.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Fantastic! I haven't seen anyone carry either outside of gun stores or carry events. I have had a number of conversations with people though.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Outstanding! I still OC more than CC except when it is cold enough for a jacket which been quite a bit lately . Been to PnS and Woodman's with no problems as usual, not even a odd look from people. Will probably CC a bit more once I get my holster from Bobby at Cleveland's Holsters.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I OC in Madison lots of times but mostly CC openly, i.e. use my Sneaky Pete holster. If you see a guy with a large cell phone case it's me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sp1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	8334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sp2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	8335  

Man, that guy dove right in. Hopefully he had a vague idea of vehicle transport and GFSZ ahead of time, since he had no CCW. But awesome to see him do it, and run into someone.

Nice to see others out there picking this up.

That one holster above is, interesting.

Shotgun... I live in SP and OC and CC in Madison and SP frequently maybe we should meet up sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter12 View Post
    Shotgun... I live in SP and OC and CC in Madison and SP frequently maybe we should meet up sometime.
    ok
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"