Thread: California Open Carrier

Cool California Open Carrier

Today i was out at my local gun shop picking up a gun i got in a gunbroker.com auction, while they were doing my background check i was looking at there handguns, and this guy walks in. The guy goes up to the counter and asks the worker for some 22 ammo for his walther p22 (yes, i was being a bit of an eavesdropper) and when he turned around to pick up a box of cci ammo off the shelf i saw he was carrying a full sized glock. I thought it was strange that he was actually carrying the glock between his belt and pants, no holster. So i go to the counter to pay and hes right behind me, once i get done he moves up to pay for his items and i could see a magazine in his back pocket, looked at his gun and sure enough, the mag in his back pocket was the one that should have been in his gun. At that point i knew the guy obviously recently escaped from california

new AZ carrier

I hope you said "welcome to AZ, where there's still some freedom left" !!
    Last edited by Viking; 05-01-2012 at 01:34 AM.

I've encounted a few guys who practice the 'Mexican carry' (No holster under the shirt... small of the back.) 'Never made sense to me not to have a holster... but lots of things don't make sense to me...

Maybe he simply recognizes that carrying a Glock with a round chambered is dangerous unless the weapon is in a hard sided holster. Though even I would have had the mag in the well (but not chambered) if I HAD to carry a Glock.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Smile Thank God for Choices....

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Maybe he simply recognizes that carrying a Glock with a round chambered is dangerous unless the weapon is in a hard sided holster. Though even I would have had the mag in the well (but not chambered) if I HAD to carry a Glock.
    Thank God we still have Choices in most of this country, and we don't have to carry Glocks....Go Beretta...

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Been carrying mine for going on 20 years, no issues even with soft sided holsters...guess I am the exception to the mythical thermal nuclear vaporization GLOCKS are somehow responsible for

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington