• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Open Carrier

*1911_man*

Today i was out at my local gun shop picking up a gun i got in a gunbroker.com auction, while they were doing my background check i was looking at there handguns, and this guy walks in. The guy goes up to the counter and asks the worker for some 22 ammo for his walther p22 (yes, i was being a bit of an eavesdropper) and when he turned around to pick up a box of cci ammo off the shelf i saw he was carrying a full sized glock. I thought it was strange that he was actually carrying the glock between his belt and pants, no holster. So i go to the counter to pay and hes right behind me, once i get done he moves up to pay for his items and i could see a magazine in his back pocket, looked at his gun and sure enough, the mag in his back pocket was the one that should have been in his gun. At that point i knew the guy obviously recently escaped from california ;)

Viking

new AZ carrier

I hope you said "welcome to AZ, where there's still some freedom left" !!

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

I've encounted a few guys who practice the 'Mexican carry' (No holster under the shirt... small of the back.) 'Never made sense to me not to have a holster... but lots of things don't make sense to me...

We-the-People

Maybe he simply recognizes that carrying a Glock with a round chambered is dangerous unless the weapon is in a hard sided holster. Though even I would have had the mag in the well (but not chambered) if I HAD to carry a Glock.

Lthrnck

Thank God for Choices....

Maybe he simply recognizes that carrying a Glock with a round chambered is dangerous unless the weapon is in a hard sided holster. Though even I would have had the mag in the well (but not chambered) if I HAD to carry a Glock.

Thank God we still have Choices in most of this country, and we don't have to carry Glocks....Go Beretta...

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran

Been carrying mine for going on 20 years, no issues even with soft sided holsters...guess I am the exception to the mythical thermal nuclear vaporization GLOCKS are somehow responsible for:rolleyes:

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2