• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizonas Senate Bill 1108?

rob31567

Arizonas Senate Bill 1108 , Is Kentucky next?

Ive tried searching on here to find any posts relating to this bill subject in Ky. Could someone please point me in the right direction if any or has this subject ever been brought up in the forums? Ive googled till my fingers are numb. Watching a video by PBS, they claim that 18 other states are looking toward this bill also which includes Kentucky. I would appreciate a little info please without looking ignorant at the same time, thanks.

April 16, 2010
Gov. Jan Brewer signed Senate Bill 1108 into law Friday afternoon. It eliminates the requirement for a concealed-carry weapons permit, but does require gun owners to accurately answer if an officer asks them if they are carrying weapon concealed. It also allows officers to temporarily confiscate a weapon while they are talking to an individual, including during a traffic stop.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/elect...oncealed-weapons-bill16-ON.html#ixzz1s2frlQTg

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I'm confused now, Kentucky is using Arizona's name on one of our house bills/resolutions? Or what? The topic name you made threw me off xD

flb_78

There was talk about Kentucky enacting a law similar to Arizona's about concealed carry without a permit, but I do not believe it went very far.

And since the legislative session is over for the year, I doubt anything happens about it this year.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
AZ Constitution:
Section 26. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

KY Constitution:
Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.

Notice any difference?????

Now look at Ohio's Constitution:

§4 The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security; but standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and shall not be kept up; and the military shall be in strict subordination to the civil power.

Do you see that the Ohio Constitution reads just like KY's Constitution as it relates to carrying concealed weapons....