Thread: Gun ID experts. See if you can help me figure out what I saw.

Gun ID experts. See if you can help me figure out what I saw.

Last week I went to a local Mexican restaurant in Elizabethton, TN and this has been bothering me ever since. I saw what at first I thought was a fellow OCer. It was a dark, slender woman in her mid 40s, dressed in strangely nice clothes. I thought she was a fellow OCer when I walked in and saw the OCed spare magazine on a woman's hip, I then looked left (glancing over the badge) and saw an OCed pistol in a Serpa, make and model I don't know, and then looked at the badge and her face just before she passed by me and walked out the door. She was with a group of people and didn't notice me at all.

So anyway, what I think I saw was a plastic magazine, very Glock-like, and a pistol that had a stainless slide, that was shaped very H&K-like. The H&K-like shape could be a made up memory, but I swear I don't think I saw the distinctive squared off slide of a Glock. But I'm 90% sure it was a plastic/polymer magazine. I know Glock makes guns with stainless slides, but I'm almost convinced it wasn't a Glock.

So, gun ID gurus: are there any handguns that use a plastic mag and come with a stainless slide besides Glock? Because they're the only ones I know of.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Probably was an H&K USP. Available in two tone finish and use plastic mags.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hk_usp_9mm_full_size_10_round_magazine.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	8329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hkusp2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	8330
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Founder's Club Member
    Wait a minute. You saw a woman wearing a plastic serpa holster, a plastic mag, and stainless steel slide? What a terrible failure to accessorize. Those items do not coordinate at all.

Are you suuuure that was a woman?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Probably was an H&K USP. Available in two tone finish and use plastic mags.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hk_usp_9mm_full_size_10_round_magazine.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	8329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hkusp2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	8330
    BINGO! That's it! I knew the USP came with a stainless slide, but I thought they used steel mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Wait a minute. You saw a woman wearing a plastic serpa holster, a plastic mag, and stainless steel slide? What a terrible failure to accessorize. Those items do not coordinate at all.

Are you suuuure that was a woman?
    lol quite sure. she was slender with form fitting clothes
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm