Thread: Guess whos buying gun manufacturers

Guess whos buying gun manufacturers

I just got an E mail from a friend that said anti American George Sorros is buying gun Manufacturers. Im sorry I dont have a link.Has anybody heard this? I hope and pray its false,but the E mail said its true. I will try to do a little research soon.I just wanted someone to tell me its bogus.

Well I just Googled fact check and come to find out, Freedom Group is not associated with that POS soros. Thats good news.

What companies has he supposedly bought?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    What companies has he supposedly bought?
    I would have to read the E mail again, but H&R, Marlin, just to name a couple.

In the end, some manufacturers will go away and new ones will pop up. Tradition and traditional manufacturers are wonderful and I hope the best of them are around for a very long time. New ones, on the other hand, might be very exciting. Neither Sorros or anyone else can actually stop that.

The key is liberty and the truly free market.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I would have to read the E mail again, but H&R, Marlin, just to name a couple.
    Then you are the victim of fraudsters and your own gullibility. Those are owned by Freedom Group, which is owned by Cerberus, which Soros does not own. Cerberus is run and I think started by this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Feinberg.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Click here and Microsoft will send you a check for 842 bazillion dollars.

Good thing you deleted the trash you should have know was trash to begin with. Did you forward the trash filled e-mail to a few hundered people also? Maybe post it on facebook as well?

Then you use google as well, strike 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Then you are the victim of fraudsters and your own gullibility. Those are owned by Freedom Group, which is owned by Cerberus, which Soros does not own. Cerberus is run and I think started by this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Feinberg.
    Cerberus Capital Management - by way of "Freedom Group" - acquired Remington, Marlin Firearms, Bushmaster and DPMS (another maker of semiautomatic, military-style rifles) as well as Dakota Arms, a maker of high-end big-game rifles. It has also acquired several manufacturers of ammunition and tactical clothing. Feinberg himself is an avid hunter and motorcycle enthusiast. That ridiculous, left-wing commie clown Soros, has nothing to do with Cerberus, or any of Cerberus' holdings, thank God! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    Click here and Microsoft will send you a check for 842 bazillion dollars
    What's the exchange rate between a Bazillion dollar and USD?
    (Attempt at gullibility and sarchasm)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

[ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

Quote Originally Posted by J_Oliver View Post
    What's the exchange rate between a Bazillion dollar and USD?
    That was the best post in this thread!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    That was the best post in this thread!
    And the least informative. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Wink Self Fact-Checking is Dead

If I had a federal reserve note for every time someone posted some vague and unsubstantiated information they received in "an email from a friend," I would be slightly better off than I am today.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 04-16-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    And the least informative. Pax...
    Probably because it was the least misleading and made-up...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Probably because it was the least misleading and made-up...
    Then check the facts yourself... I did on this one a couple of years ago. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

True or not, I am only limited, today, by the 'fatness' of my billfold where the purchase of arms and ammo is concerned....and the size of my arms safe, and ammo safe.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

This brings to mind a valid follow-up question: Let's just say, hypothetically, that some liberal, anti-gun, gazillionaire like Soros DID start buying up gun manufacturers......

...what would be the likely outcome? What would he do with his newly owned businesses? What would be the most damaging action he could take?

After all, he just spent half a gazillion dollars.......My guess is, he would likely liquidate. How would this affect the gun industry? Liquidation would simply mean...selling the business. Wouldn't this simply transfer the manufacturing process to someone else, therefore, causing negligible damage to actual gun manufacturing? In order to damage the actual manufacturing process, he'd have to liquidate...AT A LOSS. He'd have to fire the employees, and eat the cost of everything else by selling it piecemeal. Sell the buildings to shopping cart manufacturers, and the equipment to......other gun manufacturers? Nope. Can't do that. This would boost their production volume/profits......He'd have to take a loss on the equipment by scrapping it in order to negatively affect gun manufacturing.....

...but then, competing manufacturers would have a HEYDAY!

I would sure as HECK feel tempted to start a business! After all, now that (Insert major manufacturer) is out of business = LESS COMPETITION!

Yup. I would imagine, if Remington is bought and liquidated....WINCHESTER WOULD LOVE IT! Their sales/production/profit would skyrocket! You wouldn't affect the market other than to make the last run of 870's COLLECTOR'S ITEMS! You couldn't afford the last Model 700 off the assembly line! It'd be worth a mint! Your Wingmaster would command TOP DOLLAR!

Not to mention, Winchester, Savage, FN would all profit from the loss. New manufacturers would start hedging on the Remington market by designing 870 knock-offs, and spins on the 1100. There'd be shoot-up fledgling manufacturers pop up overnight.

So, other than the loss of a wonderful product, (and Soros losing bazillions by having to stupidly waste money liquidating at a loss) how would an Anti-gunner buying up firearms manufacturers actually affect the industry?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Superlite27; 04-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    This brings to mind a valid follow-up question: Let's just say, hypothetically, that some liberal, anti-gun, gazillionaire like Soros DID start buying up gun manufacturers......

...what would be the likely outcome? What would he do with his newly owned businesses? What would be the most damaging action he could take?

So, other than the loss of a wonderful product, (and Soros losing bazillions by having to stupidly waste money liquidating at a loss) how would an Anti-gunner buying up firearms manufacturers actually affect the industry?

Any ideas?
    The outcome would probably be relatively inconsequential - UNLESS... a cabal of high rollers (such as Soros, Bloomberg, and moneyed anti-gun others who wish to decimate our Constitution and to destroy our country) pooled their rabid anti-gun financial resources, and mobilized their foot soldiers (like the "Brady Bunch"), buying up ALL firearms manufacturing facilities in the country, and then simply close them. (Personally, I would see it as borderline insanity to just throw billions of dollars away, but the anti-gun crowd IS "borderline insane", and I wouldn't put such an action past them.) Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Or... these gun haters simple get "laws" passed to make the manufacture and use of all guns "illegal" by us peons.

Of course, then they'd get to deal with all of us who would not take kindly to that situation... and have been preparing for it.

Either way... they're going to lose.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    Or... these gun haters simple get "laws" passed to make the manufacture and use of all guns "illegal" by us peons.

Of course, then they'd get to deal with all of us who would not take kindly to that situation... and have been preparing for it.

Either way... they're going to lose.
    Thank you for your plausible response. The previous posts by 'others' jumped the tracks in hypotheticals. It would be cheaper for them to push laws, than to purchase firearm businesses.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    ...UNLESS... a cabal of high rollers (such as Soros, Bloomberg, and moneyed anti-gun others who wish to decimate our Constitution and to destroy our country) pooled their rabid anti-gun financial resources, and mobilized their foot soldiers (like the "Brady Bunch"), buying up ALL firearms manufacturing facilities in the country, and then simply close them.
    In which case I WOULD CELEBRATE! Woo-Hoo!

Because I am now going into the firearms manufacturing business!

With all the other competition bought out and closed, I will be running a multi-billion dollar company in no time (I'm now the only game in town! Thank you, George Soros!) I will soon become a firearms manufacturing POWERHOUSE! After all, since all the other competition has been decimated, I (and probably 1,000 others popping up out of the woodwork) will try to lead the charge to fill the void caused by lack of gun manufacturers! Guess who is now the top selling gun manufacturer in the world: Superlite Arms!

Bringing us back to the original problem.....

Wouldn't Soros then have to buy MY firearms manufacturing business, as well? Cool! I'll sell it for a cool $5,000,000,000! (Which he'll then have to close at a loss, too.)

In which case, MAC702 would probably want to get in on the game! Congratulations! MAC702 Arms Manufacturing is now the top grossing firearms manufacturer in the world! Wouldn't you love Gorge Soros to offer you $6,000,000,000 for it? Are you going to sell? Why not? It will just lead to someone else getting into the firearms manufacturing business.

Now that 500 NEW firearms manufacturers have popped up like mushrooms to take advantage of the dead competition.......

He'll have to buy those,as well.....losing even more money when he closes.

So, since there's a void....MORE new firearm manufacturing businesses will spring up. (Is he going to buy those and sell at a loss, too? When does it end? Oh! When he inevitably GOES BROKE!)

How does this affect the industry other than making your 870 a collector's item?

How does anti-gunners forming a cabal and buying all gun manufacturers lead to the end of firearms? I agree with the above posts: It doesn't. It can't.

Anti-gun legislation and laws are the animals we have to hunt. Anti's buying gun manufacturers = So what? It's hypothetical anyway. Even if it wasn't = no big deal. Those concerned are worried about the sky falling. Buying and selling of companies is a smoke screen. It's the legislation that has an effect.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 04-17-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Or, Soros could get the federal goons to raid your business, close you down, confiscate your money and assets, toss you, your family and employees in the gulag, as accomplices of course, all in accordance with 'federal law'.

That is what liberals and statists do, use the color of law, or the actual law, to silence and/or punish those that disagree with them.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    In which case I WOULD CELEBRATE! Woo-Hoo!

Because I am now going into the firearms manufacturing business!

With all the other competition bought out and closed, I will be running a multi-billion dollar company in no time (I'm now the only game in town! Thank you, George Soros!) I will soon become a firearms manufacturing POWERHOUSE! After all, since all the other competition has been decimated, I (and probably 1,000 others popping up out of the woodwork) will try to lead the charge to fill the void caused by lack of gun manufacturers! Guess who is now the top selling gun manufacturer in the world: Superlite Arms!

Bringing us back to the original problem.....

Wouldn't Soros then have to buy MY firearms manufacturing business, as well? Cool! I'll sell it for a cool $5,000,000,000! (Which he'll then have to close at a loss, too.)

In which case, MAC702 would probably want to get in on the game! Congratulations! MAC702 Arms Manufacturing is now the top grossing firearms manufacturer in the world! Wouldn't you love Gorge Soros to offer you $6,000,000,000 for it? Are you going to sell? Why not? It will just lead to someone else getting into the firearms manufacturing business.

Now that 500 NEW firearms manufacturers have popped up like mushrooms to take advantage of the dead competition.......

He'll have to buy those,as well.....losing even more money when he closes.

So, since there's a void....MORE new firearm manufacturing businesses will spring up. (Is he going to buy those and sell at a loss, too? When does it end? Oh! When he inevitably GOES BROKE!)

How does this affect the industry other than making your 870 a collector's item?

How does anti-gunners forming a cabal and buying all gun manufacturers lead to the end of firearms? I agree with the above posts: It doesn't. It can't.

Anti-gun legislation and laws are the animals we have to hunt. Anti's buying gun manufacturers = So what? It's hypothetical anyway. Even if it wasn't = no big deal. Those concerned are worried about the sky falling. Buying and selling of companies is a smoke screen. It's the legislation that has an effect.
    Dream on! You may not remember Preston Tucker or the Tucker automobile, and there's a good reason for that... the Tucker '48 never got into full production. Why? Because the SEC (with support from the "Big Three") was all over Tucker, and necessary production equipment was being bought/threatened out from under Tucker by the Big Three. You don't think that Soros, and people like him, have the necessary political, industrial and financial connections to make it impossible for a start-up company to actually start up? NOWHERE did I say it would be Soros alone - look up the meaning of the word CABAL. Good luck with "Superlite Firearms Co.", I'm sure you have independent investors just lined up outside your door waiting for you to give the word. Perhaps you expect to get bank loans? Who do you think owns the banks... Honest John Smith? The Rockefellers, Morgans, Mellons and Soroses of the world, that's who. If they ever decide to do something like what I proposed as a possibility you can bet your tuchas it will be thought through to the "nth degree". If their goal is to keep that avenue of personal endeavor closed, they will have the full backing of every government agency and financial institute that has any say-so in the process. What it would end is the large scale, mass production of firearms. The sole proprietorship known as "Superlite Firearms Co." might continue to turn out a VERY EXPENSIVE (since there is little-to-no competition) gun every 3-4 months. If you actually believe that any actions to stop firearms production in this country would be completely honest, open and above-board, you need to put down that blunt, bro! Accidents aren't always "accidental", spontaneous combustion isn't always "spontaneous", and heart attacks aren't always the result of a bad ticker. As technology improves, the need for "up close and personal" lessens, but... almost simultaneously, as times get harder, "up close and personal" becomes a more affordable commodity. The term "hostile takeover" would take on a whole new meaning. Focus on the real world - even though it may not be as pretty as we would like - it's the only world we have. Pax...

P.S. And you're willing to hang your hopes on "legislation"?? Maybe Santa will bring you some legislation this year, when he slides down your chimney!
    Last edited by Gil223; 04-18-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!