Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never hit a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    WOW!!! That's a first! You agree with yourself.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Don't hit me.
    It is a rare thing, that I agree with myself. I am surprised it took so long for someone to quote it LOL.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I once punched a chick in the face but she punched me 1st, long story short 3 girls where jumping my cousin I was trying 2 brake it up bam I get punch I swing and bam make contact end of fight

Quote Originally Posted by el rompe toto View Post
    I once punched a chick in the face but she punched me 1st, long story short 3 girls where jumping my cousin I was trying 2 brake it up bam I get punch I swing and bam make contact end of fight
    I figure if your going to go at a man you better make it quick, violent, and give everything you got to the cause, because what will follow when the man gets his head straight is a greater brute force than what most women can compete with.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

My folks raised me to treat all women as if they were ladies.

At least until they proved otherwise!

Centurion
    Dad shares a story where he was told by his mother to never hit a lady. She went on to say that if she hits you first she is no lady! He was successful in his self defenses under his mother's observation.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"
    When are we going to RETURN to the Constitution and God?

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I figure if your going to go at a man you better make it quick, violent, and give everything you got to the cause, because what will follow when the man gets his head straight is a greater brute force than what most women can compete with.
    She hit me good 2 I remember my chin hurt a lil the next day

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    For me, "Never hit a lady" turned into "Never throw the first punch". Then I added the corollary "Always land the first punch (and the last one, if you can help it)".

Even that rule eventually had to be amended to "Never say Never."

Never hit a woman...

unless you're a cop and she won't serve you any more liquor because you're already drunk:

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    unless you're a cop and she won't serve you any more liquor because you're already drunk:

Ohhhh nice reference!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Ohhhh nice reference!

Chicago cops are always whining about the video being shown "too much"... so I link or refer to it as often as possible.

In fact, I think there ought to be a copy of it on the next unmanned spacecraft scheduled to leave the solar system...

Oh, Chicago!

EVERYTHING associated with that town wreaks, beginning with our President. It's history of corruption and abuse of our civil and Constitution Rights is SO flagrant that it's lost ALL credibility, and is severe recovery mode only.
    Our rights are NOT subject to "interpretation" by well-meaning but Constitutionally illiterate politicians. They are absolute and unwavering, as are We the People. Some rights are mentioned in our Constitution. Many are not. ALL are protected by our Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land, as specifically noted by the Ninth and Tenth Amendments in our Bill of Rights. If you're incapable of understanding, accepting, and respecting that, you are in the WRONG job, if not the wrong country.

this is what u do if a women decides 2 hit u

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...AW11v3y6Dx1I99

u yell 4 help lmaooo

If you hit a woman in anger you lose the right to be treated like a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    That really doesn't address the question as posed.

The question put simply: is there ever a time when you consider it acceptable to strike a woman?

Going by your statement, it would appear that you indeed feel there is such a time. However it would be foolish to make assumptions. After all, if were to assume, I could very well assume that you feel it is ok to strike a woman when she steps out of line so as to discipline her. So long as it is not in anger. I don't think you feel that way, just making an extreme example.

That really doesn't address the question as posed.

The question put simply: is there ever a time when you consider it acceptable to strike a woman?

Going by your statement, it would appear that you indeed feel there is such a time. However it would be foolish to make assumptions. After all, if were to assume, I could very well assume that you feel it is ok to strike a woman when she steps out of line so as to discipline her. So long as it is not in anger. I don't think you feel that way, just making an extreme example.
    Why? Don't like my answer?

Ok, perhaps it's not in the format that you find acceptable. So let's try this-

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House
    My question to you is: Should a man never strike a woman for any reason or are there times when it is called for?
    I don't know. I don't see any right or reason for me to hit a woman, but thee could be a time and a place where such an action may be considered prudent.

Mostly I am just curious to see how many here, if indeed anyone, feels that it is always wrong to hit a woman.
    Typically, yes I do believe it's wrong to hit a woman. I also feels it's wrong for a woman to hit a man. I really do prefer the least amount of violence possible.

Yes, there is. I had a girlfriend once that would just slap the hell out of me to get me to react. I finally learned how to react. I also found out she likes S&M. So in that case, well, you get the idea. But out of anger? No. Self-defense? Maybe, if it's life or death. "Just because"? Nope.

I have no respect for men that beat their wives or girlfriends. If they like victimizing a woman, then they deserve every violent act done to them.

What if she don't make that sandwich you told her to make for you? Is it OK then?
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    What if she don't make that sandwich you told her to make for you? Is it OK then?
    If your "telling" your wife or girlfriend to do something, then you deserve to be hit by her.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

My question to you is: Should a man never strike a woman for any reason or are there times when it is called for?

Mostly I am just curious to see how many here, if indeed anyone, feels that it is always wrong to hit a woman.

The only people who should never be hit, for any reason, are children. That is my personal opinion.

When it comes to women, I treat them a little different than men for one reason only. I am 6'4" tall and 230lbs. There are not many, if any at all, women that are even close to my size. I am physically stronger and more capable of causing damage to a woman than a man. Now, given the situation, I believe I would be able to defend myself without hitting a woman. However, if it comes to the point where I need to, I will.

Not having the patience to read through each of the responses, so it may have been stated already. There are no such thing as an all encompasing rules, and circumstances will dictate the necessary action. First off it is not right for anyone to hit anyone, regardless of gender, but if a woman is the agressor and attacking I would do what was necessary to stop the attack. If that meant hitting back I most certainly would.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

I don't really care about size, age or gender. If someone is attacking me, I will use the level of force necessitated to end the encounter.

@Logan; it's not that I didn't like your answer, it's that it didn't answer the question I put forth. It was also pretty vague and as such could be easily distorted. That's what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Nope. In all the years I was either married or dating, I never "told" my wife or GFs what to do. More like "Honey, could you fix me a sandwich, please?" If you treat a woman like property, that's inhumane. They are not physical property. They are humans. They can be really annoying at times, yes. But that never justifies doing anything cruel to them.

I don't really care about size, age or gender. If someone is attacking me, I will use the level of force necessitated to end the encounter.
    Sometimes the best action is to just walk away. And what is even better than that is "scene triage". The best way to deal with trouble is to avoid it. Look at the scene and environment you are going into and ask yourself "is there a chance for a conflict or not?", and then, if the answer is "yes", ask yourself "is what I want here/to do here WORTH a fight, or is there a better time to come by?" Going into a fight is not any show of manhood. In some instances it may be the best option before you, but that is very rare (unless you're a cop or in a war). And if the person is your GF, you have no business getting into an argument or fight where a violent outcome is likely.

@Logan; it's not that I didn't like your answer, it's that it didn't answer the question I put forth. It was also pretty vague and as such could be easily distorted. That's what I was trying to say.
    I don't see it as vague. Do you prefer being treated like a lower form of life?

Wouldnt the same be said about a woman hitting a man in anger? You're attempting to over simplify a situation.

There are prison cells full of "women" that have kiled their partners, in some very brutal ways. How do you classify them?
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 05-02-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Well I had to think about this one. When I was ten I was beaten really bad by a teenage girl of about 16. She accused me of beating her brother up, I didn't even know her or her brother. Anyways, while she is hitting for about the 20th time my brother walks by (he's about 17) and yells at me, if she wants to fight like a man, hit her back like a man. So's I hit her right in the mouth as hard as I could, by this time I am pretty bloody. She goes down like a bag of wet cement. She was about a foot and half taller and about 80 lbs heavier then me, but I guess I connected really good. She didn't move for about 30 seconds, started balling and got up to run home.

I got home, fat lips, black eyes and my mom had been called by the girls mom. My mom beat the **** out of me for hitting a girl.

So what do I believe about hitting a female of any age. Well let me say this. If she is as tall as me or bigger and she hits me for no reason, she's not going to able to eat solid food for weeks. Period, end of subject. If she even slaps me for no reason, she's eating through a straw. That said, if I was out of line, I will take a slap, but that has never happened. I treat all women like they are my sisters. This goes the same for men (oops, I don't treat men like my sisters LOL).

If someone tries to commit violence against you there is no time to gauge reaction. You need to drop them. I am small, so getting in fights usually gets me messed up. When I was in the Marine Corp, I was always picked out of the crowd for someone to pick on, I didn't tolerate it then, I will not tolerate now. I have scars on my hands from big bullies teeth. One had to be picked out between my knuckles by the Medic, it was stuck.

I don't go looking for a fight, but if it happens, it ends quickly, usually only a few seconds. I don't do the get in your face dance either, if someone gets in my face saying they are going to do me harm, I drop them. I have to, if I don't and they get in the first punch I may end up dead, I am too damn small to let a big guy get the advantage.

Sorry for preaching.
    Last edited by gunns; 05-02-2012 at 07:50 AM.

I'm not sure that a broken jaw is an appropriate response to a slap.

I get slapped all the time, sometimes for no reason. But I just shrug it off.

....for no reason that you know of....
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast