• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Never hit a woman.

Jack House

A philosophy with I heartily disagree with, there are most certainly times when it is fully acceptable and even prudent to strike a woman. When she is attacking you, threatening you, attacking someone you care about. Also when she leaves the kitchen with permission, speaks without being spoken too or interrupts the men while they are talking.

Ok, that last sentence, for those that do not realize, is a joke. I'd only hit a woman under the same conditions I'd hit a man, which is generally going to be the same conditions that would cause me to shoot a man. I do not like confrontations and especially physical fights, I try to avoid them when possible and have been pretty successful thus far. As such, if I'm actually fighting you then the situation is severe and possibly grave. Or maybe I just didn't like the way you keep staring at my ass. Yes, I know, it's an amazing ass, I bred it from a prize winning donkey and horse. But it is mine you hear me? MINE!

Ahem.

Ago as I was trying to say before I ever so rudely interrupted myself(I should strike myself across the face!), the other day I was out with a friend. I think I may have just left the bar. For whatever reason I was out, I was at Walgreens when another friend showed up. Can't remember how the conversation started, it could have been talk about self defense laws. The friend of my friend is border patrol and reiterated that horrible advice to tamper with evidence. That caused a debate. When I said the other day, what I really many was like two months.

Anyways, we started talking about this incident at the new guy's place where some woman when crazy and started beating the hell out of her husband. He apparently pushed her to get her off of him or something like that and there was a witness or three that verified his claim of legit self defense. But none of that mattered, because when the police showed up, he was arrested for DV.

Now, I have no cites for this and heard it from a friend of a friends. So lets just go ahead and file this story as pure rumor and unlikely to be true. The story isn't the point of contention here, rather it was the ensuing conversation.

I expressed disbelief and an distaste for the events that occurred in the story. I stated that he did nothing wrong and that she should have been the one arrested. Both my friend and his friend said that you should never hit a girl, no matter what. I reckon I should get a couple women, give them each a bat and allow them to go to town on these two guys. See how long they hold to that philosophy.

My question to you is: Should a man never strike a woman for any reason or are there times when it is called for?

Mostly I am just curious to see how many here, if indeed anyone, feels that it is always wrong to hit a woman.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Begs the meaning, modus ponens, of woman. Perhaps, never hit a lady. A "lady" that one might hit only might be a woman.

Jack House

In these regards, you should treat a woman just like you would treat a man. After all, that's what the femi-nazis want... isn't it?
If I had continued my rants, I would have mentioned that. It irritates me to see someone shouting that women should always be treated like men, only to turn around and shout "never hit a woman!"

Begs the meaning, modus ponens, of woman. Perhaps, never hit a lady. A "lady" that one might hit only might be a woman.
Now this I absolutely agree with! I was going to say that, I could hit a woman and claim I have never hit a lady, because a lady would not attack me unprovoked.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Griz

Let's ask the man:

[video=youtube;3FgMLROTqJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FgMLROTqJ0[/video]

CathyInBlue

I'm fully down for women's liberation. If a married woman wants to work outside the home so that she and her husband can afford a more prosperous lifestyle than the two of them together could on his salary alone, that's great for her, that she's free to make that decision. But, if she then comes up at age 38 and they can't conceive, I, for one, don't remotely want to hear about it. Actions have consequences. You forego your child-bearing years for a professional career, don't come crying to me when all the ploughing in the world can't plant your field. If a woman, or anyone at all for that matter, wants to be insulting, aggressive, and violent, then, according to the Golden Rule, she has shown the world how she wants to be treated. Do her the solid of obliging her in that desire.

MamaLiberty

In these regards, you should treat a woman just like you would treat a man. After all, that's what the femi-nazis want... isn't it?

Do to others what you would have them do to you. Not all women are "feminazis," of course. The rest of us are not asking for any special privileges. Most of us have no desire to commit aggression either. The few who do need to be met with an appropriate level of force when their intended victims defend themselves. No more, and no less than any other aggressor.

Beretta92FSLady

I figure it this way: if I am punching a man (I don't anticipate ever just going up, and punching any person), then he better be punching back or he is going to get his a$$ kicked. I don't like violence, but I have no issue with using violence to accomplish my intended task by it, self-defense. Whether it be a male or female, neither should be forced to use violence.

Now I have had a moment to think about all of this, and I agree with what I typed above, but...how I respond to each individual would be different. If I found myself in a confrontation with a female that is petite, and frail, I wouldn't respond with the same level of force as if I found myself in a confrontation with a woman that is six foot, and spends most of her time lifting engine blocks out of cars.

Last edited:

MKEgal

MamaLiberty said:
The rest of us are not asking for any special privileges. Most of us have no desire to commit aggression either. The few who do need to be met with an appropriate level of force when their intended victims defend themselves. No more, and no less than any other aggressor.
Exactly.
If I've decided for whatever reason that it'd be a good idea to knock you [generic reader] about a bit, I'd strongly suggest doing your best not to let that happen... Just like any other criminal trying to harm you.
(Unless you like that sort of thing. :rolleyes: )
But unlike the criminal, I'd only harm someone for self-defense.

Do to others what you would have them do to you.
I'm probably misattributing this, but I'm pretty sure it was a Heinlein character who pointed out that the golden rule only works in a civilized society where everyone agrees that harming & being harmed are bad ideas.

If you run into someone who, as a wild example, likes being beaten with stinging nettles [yes, that particular... oddity... exists] going by the Golden Rule means that it's OK for them to beat you with stinging nettles. Given that it's a rare interest, I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't like that.

A better phrasing would be "treat people as you think they'd like to be treated".

MamaLiberty

Exactly.
A better phrasing would be "treat people as you think they'd like to be treated".

Nope, not close. You can't begin to know what other people want. The only person you know about for sure is YOU. You treat people as YOU would like to be treated. If YOU like to be beaten or harmed, they still have the option of defending themselves if they see it as an attack - regardless of how you feel about it.

Just as the law of non-aggression is an excellent guide for our own behavior, it does not require the full cooperation of everyone to remain a good idea. We each must refrain from the initiation of force, and be prepared to defend ourselves if others won't.

09jisaac

I have always found that women tend to behave best when you offer them controlled beating about once a week but no more than two. I completely take rage out of it because I want to be calm when the violence starts, it keeps me from going overboard with the preventative measure. You just want enough to let her know who is boss but not go so far that she thinks that is all you can do. Less she would start thinking that she is already receiving the punishment she might as well do the crime. No, you always need to allude to more if she messes up. I like to show my distaste for her all week and beat her friday nights so that the injuries can subside by the time she goes back to work. I always use the back of my hand, an open palm, or a belt because I want nothing that would leave permanent evidence.

Oh no, she is coming. I got to go. Please, please, no one tell her I was online. ---Sorry honey, I was just... ah... buying you something online--- **09jisaac is offline**

But seriously. It has everything to do with the circumstances. Few of you have met the girl I have right now but she is very small (5'1'' 120). If she ever started violence against me with only her body parts I could easily subdue her without striking her. That would be the option I would pursue.

If any female was attempting more dangerous violence against me or someone I care about I would be hesitant but I would probably strike her if I found no other viable options.

Also, and this is nitpicking but a donkey is an ass. The offspring between a horse and a donkey is a mule, not an ass.

Last edited:

ncwabbit

i will not entertain a conversation regard aggressor/abuser guilt in situations involving DV but rather to respond to your initial post about the bloke getting arrested...in those states that have gotten serious about prevention and dealing w/DV within their communities, laws are passed so when police respond to a domestic call which does not have to come from the participants themselves but neighbor, family or friends, someone is taken to the pokey, no if ands or buts...someone is arrested!!. The mentality is to remove 'the aggressor' (m or f) from the equation and allow the ‘abused’ to go about their business safely. The laws of the land mandate someone is arrested and the ‘abused’ cannot vouch for the misunderstanding what so ever. from the LEs view they do not care who they take to the poky and rely on who is the better story teller of the tail of abuse.

In the state of CO, those arrested are, after a night in the pokey, brought before a Magistrate and after minor discussion amongst the prosecutor and Magistrate, found guilty of DV. At which time the Perp is placed on probation to complete 52 weeks of DV class (at their expense of ~$30/wk) consisting of psychotherapeutic education in a group setting.

Someone did catch I didn’t mention a trial or representation or such. If the Perp wishes to contest the events and plead Not Guilty, they are put back into the overcrowded pokey and bound over. The abused cannot recant the event and say it was a misunderstanding!!
The CO DOJ convinced the State Legislative to enact statutes assuring those convicted of DV are dealt with all in the name of safety for those abused!

wabbit

PS: Also, please remember DV is not just violence against your partner but rather power and control exhibited through a myriad of actions, e.g., intimidation, emotional or economic abuse, isolation, minimizing, denying, practicing male privilege, and coercion and threats.

PPS: BTW, jokingly or not, comments expressed on an open easily accessed OC forum could be taken out of context and used against you in judicial proceedings if you have pissed off your partner sufficently enough!!

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
If I had continued my rants, I would have mentioned that. It irritates me to see someone shouting that women should always be treated like men, only to turn around and shout "never hit a woman!"

I agree, but I must confess that I was brought up to treat women (ladies) with the respect that they deserve. Admittedly, this was before the rise of the radical feminist movement. I love women and have no desire to enter into a physical altercation with anyone one of them. But some probably do need their bell rung a few times, just like some men, to set them straight.

SouthernBoy

Do to others what you would have them do to you. Not all women are "feminazis," of course. The rest of us are not asking for any special privileges. Most of us have no desire to commit aggression either. The few who do need to be met with an appropriate level of force when their intended victims defend themselves. No more, and no less than any other aggressor.

Yes ma'am, you're right about this. I like strong women in the sense that they can stand on their own two feet and be resourceful and informed. I don't like one's with a chip on their shoulder who believe that men are nothing more than sperm banks (have encounter some of those over the years). I don't get this so-called "battle of the sexes" because I just don't see it.

MamaLiberty

Over simplified, of course... but the best prevention for any sort of domestic violence is for everyone - men and women - to be very discriminating in their choice of associates and partners... and be completely prepared to defend themselves in any case.

I carry a gun and remain alert to my surroundings - even at home. I'm very careful who I go out with or who comes into my house. I do everything within my power - and that is considerable - to avoid becoming a victim at all. I don't expect "society" or "the law" to prevent it or save me if I'm stupid. And that would be the case even if the "law" and its enforcers were perfect paragons of virtue and integrity. Which they are not.

Don't go looking for trouble, and don't hesitate to do something serious about it if it finds you anyway. I've already had to shoot a man to save my life. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

SouthernBoy

Over simplified, of course... but the best prevention for any sort of domestic violence is for everyone - men and women - to be very discriminating in their choice of associates and partners... and be completely prepared to defend themselves in any case.

I carry a gun and remain alert to my surroundings - even at home. I'm very careful who I go out with or who comes into my house. I do everything within my power - and that is considerable - to avoid becoming a victim at all. I don't expect "society" or "the law" to prevent it or save me if I'm stupid. And that would be the case even if the "law" and its enforcers were perfect paragons of virtue and integrity. Which they are not.

Don't go looking for trouble, and don't hesitate to do something serious about it if it finds you anyway. I've already had to shoot a man to save my life. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Yep, and thank God you came out of your encounter as you appear to have survived it.

SouthernBoy

Indeed. :) Here is the story of that incident. http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/08/09/22/editor.htm

Most interesting and thanks for the link.

Strangely, I had a vaguely similar encounter in 1991. We lived in Arlington, VA at the time and I heard some sounds like tapping or scraping at a window in the front of the house. This was the main bath window and on the outside, was bordered by two large bushes. I exited the front of the house, gun in hand, and confronted two young fellows at this window. Turned out that they were trying to get the attention of my oldest daughter as all three of them had just graduated from high school and were getting ready before long to head off to college. These two kids were hoping to see her and wish her well.

As you later determined, I should have never left the confines of my home, especially with bushes along the front of the house which could easily hide compatriots. All turned out well and no one was hurt. But lessons were certainly learned by me. Which I put into play twice after that.

Last edited: