• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Experts say rigorous training needed to prepare gun owners, MkeJS (above the fold).

H

Herr Heckler Koch

It is my personal opinion that firearms and firearms safety should be taught in the public school system. Not as a sport, like baseball or hocky, but a real core skill. Like reading or mathematics. It should be in early middle school and uniform in its instruction. Just saying. My Mother taught me starting at age seven.
Same I presume for sex education, your momma taught you but the government must teach it now? There are no "public schools" but government schools and private schools only.

BionicRooster

DANGER...DANGER...DANGER WILL ROBINSON....
PERSONAL OPINION, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

It is my personal opinion that firearms and firearms safety should be taught in the public school system. Not as a sport, like baseball or hocky, but a real core skill. Like reading or mathematics. It should be in early middle school and uniform in its instruction. Just saying.
My Mother taught me starting at age seven.

+1

I couldn't agree more.

ManInBlack

It is my personal opinion that firearms and firearms safety should be taught in the public school system. Not as a sport, like baseball or hocky, but a real core skill. Like reading or mathematics. It should be in early middle school and uniform in its instruction. Just saying.
My Mother taught me starting at age seven.

Oh yes, let's trust the almighty federal government to create a uniform curriculum to teach people about a fundamental, Constitutional right. What could possibly go wrong with that? :rolleyes:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Wrong. There are a million armed federal law enforcement agents alone. I posted the data within the year for armed federal agents.

Guess my Criminal Justice Book that was revised last year is lying to me. Can you lead me to where I can find this information?

Edit: Approximately 119,000 armed federal officers. Approximately 900,000 state, city, county armed officers.

Cite.: Department of Justice. USDOJ.GOV. Web. April, 16 2012

Last edited:

Dreamer

They fail to mention that police officers have many more known negligent discharges every year than citizens, they kill many more innocent people every year than citizens do, and they have a higher accident rate with weapons than citizens do. There are less than a million Leo's, and over 90,000,000 citizens who own firearms, probably double that when you count people who live in a house with firearms.

And according to DOJ's own statistics, LEOs are something like 15 times more likely than a CC permit holder to be convicted of a violent crime, and something like 5 times more likely to do so than the "general population".

All that training that LEOs supposedly get doesn't really count for squat if the person behind the badge is a sociopath, a criminal, or on a power-trip.

Not cop-bashing, just quoting statistical facts...