Thread: MSN equates NRA to KKK

MSN equates NRA to KKK

Any of you who use MSN's Bing search engine may find this interesting. I was interested in a finding a concealed carry hoodie and had heard of the NRA hoodie, so I put "NRA hoodie" in the search block to see what I could find. No direct link to the NRA store came up, just alot of stories about them offering them. Imagine my surprise when I looked in the upper left hand corner of the page at the "related searches" portion and the only two presented were "Klan T-Shirts" and "Klu Klux Klan Shirts". Now, I am not the greatest fan of the NRA(I don't agree with all their actions), but I don't see how the could be "related" to the Klan. I find it interesting that MSN does.

To further experiment, I put in the search term "Pu**y A** Cracker", in reference to the T-shirts being sold in FL. Just links to news stories came up and no negative "related searches" came up for that one.

Some NRA member might want to pass this info along to them, I can't see them wanting their name equated to a racist group.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Herr Heckler Koch
    Perhaps the problem is with the search engine and not with the argument or the results. I just did a similar search and found interesting and on point commentary. Try "compare contrast KKK NRA" in any less commercially driven search engine.

Michael Moore, in "Bowling For Columbine" compared the NRA to the KKK. Whether it is the case or not, I suppose there are people on both sides that would argue their so-called 'facts.'
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

So don't use Bing.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Any of you who use MSN's Bing search engine may find this interesting. I was interested in a finding a concealed carry hoodie and had heard of the NRA hoodie, so I put "NRA hoodie" in the search block to see what I could find. No direct link to the NRA store came up, just alot of stories about them offering them. Imagine my surprise when I looked in the upper left hand corner of the page at the "related searches" portion and the only two presented were "Klan T-Shirts" and "Klu Klux Klan Shirts". Now, I am not the greatest fan of the NRA(I don't agree with all their actions), but I don't see how the could be "related" to the Klan. I find it interesting that MSN does.

To further experiment, I put in the search term "Pu**y A** Cracker", in reference to the T-shirts being sold in FL. Just links to news stories came up and no negative "related searches" came up for that one.

Some NRA member might want to pass this info along to them, I can't see them wanting their name equated to a racist group.
    I have reported this to the Bing team. This could very well be a search-bombing campaign.

The way stuff like this happens is often the same way "miserable failure" used to link to Bush's profile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

I'm sure that Kenn Blanchard, Nazir Al-Mujaahid, Otis McDonald, and Raymond Woollard would be surprised to hear that the NRA=KKK...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggressionand this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Banned
    well the NRA does support gun control measures .... I don't know the KKK's position -- they may be greater champions of the 2nd amend than the NRA.

Herr Heckler Koch

DuckDuckGo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    I have reported this to the Bing team. This could very well be a search-bombing campaign.

The way stuff like this happens is often the same way "miserable failure" used to link to Bush's profile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb
    "It is not a bug, it is a feature."

Try duckduckgo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    "It is not a bug, it is a feature."

Try duckduckgo.com
    No, it's a bug caused by either intentional manipulation or emergent algorithmic behavior.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Herr Heckler Koch
    No, it's a bug caused by either intentional manipulation or emergent algorithmic behavior.
    "emergent algorithmic behavior" = unintended consequences. Sounds like a feature gone awry, and not a bug. Maybe an invincible bug indistinguishable from its dung ball.

And this is coming from a news organization that lives for the party that built and used the KKK against Blacks. And now uses the New Black Panthers, and Union Thug trash to Terrorize. OMG they're idiots!

Story by story, the left is writing their past and present evil doings and true hatred for America out of History by filing young minds this type of BS. Can you imagine the history books school children would be reading by the end of 2016 if that A-hole were not voted out in 2012?
    Last edited by jbone; 04-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    And this is coming from a news organization that lives for the party that built and used the KKK against Blacks. And now uses the New Black Panthers, and Union Thug trash to Terrorize. OMG they're idiots!

Story by story, the left is writing their past and present evil doings and true hatred for America out of History by filing young minds this type of BS. Can you imagine the history books school children would be reading by the end of 2016 if that A-hole were not voted out in 2012?
    Time to place your bet in Vegas that Obama will lose.

"emergent algorithmic behavior" = unintended consequences. Sounds like a feature gone awry, and not a bug. Maybe an invincible bug indistinguishable from its dung ball.
    Unintended consequences = a bug. Could be a spec bug, could be an implementation one. Either way, I'm trying to get traction with the team to get this fixed asap.

Time to place your bet in Vegas that Obama will lose.
    I'd never bet money on politics, way too shady for my available pennies. If had bet on ObamaCare never becoming law I would have lost my shorts. Id have bet Harry was dried up and done in NV Id lost my spare shorts. I recall hearing how SEIU had worked on the voting machines in NV!
    Im not putting it past this Administration to break every voting law on the books this next time round, this election is for his dictatorship. He wont loss fairly; he will do everything he can to win illegally, and that may be the sure bet.

I'd never bet money on politics, way too shady for my available pennies. If had bet on ObamaCare never becoming law I would have lost my shorts. Id have bet Harry was dried up and done in NV Id lost my spare shorts. I recall hearing how SEIU had worked on the voting machines in NV!
    Im not putting it past this Administration to break every voting law on the books this next time round, this election is for his dictatorship. He wont loss fairly; he will do everything he can to win illegally, and that may be the sure bet.
    I take it you just talked yourself out of showing up to the voting booth this election. As you stated, it will be a waste of time.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I take it you just talked yourself out of showing up to the voting booth this election. As you stated, it will be a waste of time.
    You are correct, I will not be showing myself at any voting booths, I will as I have for the past 24+ years be voting on an absentee ballot and mailing it in, for Romney of course!

You are correct, I will not be showing myself at any voting booths, I will as I have for the past 24+ years be voting on an absentee ballot and mailing it in, for Romney of course!
    Lazy-butt! I will be doing my usual handful of votes throughout the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Lazy-butt! I will be doing my usual handful of votes throughout the city.
    Do you wear one of these? http://mobile-cuisine.com/wp-content...ote_often.jpeg
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    LMAO! I love it...mwahhaa haa aahaaaa