• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSN equates NRA to KKK

SavageOne

Any of you who use MSN's Bing search engine may find this interesting. I was interested in a finding a concealed carry hoodie and had heard of the NRA hoodie, so I put "NRA hoodie" in the search block to see what I could find. No direct link to the NRA store came up, just alot of stories about them offering them. Imagine my surprise when I looked in the upper left hand corner of the page at the "related searches" portion and the only two presented were "Klan T-Shirts" and "Klu Klux Klan Shirts". Now, I am not the greatest fan of the NRA(I don't agree with all their actions), but I don't see how the could be "related" to the Klan. I find it interesting that MSN does.

To further experiment, I put in the search term "Pu**y A** Cracker", in reference to the T-shirts being sold in FL. Just links to news stories came up and no negative "related searches" came up for that one.

Some NRA member might want to pass this info along to them, I can't see them wanting their name equated to a racist group.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Perhaps the problem is with the search engine and not with the argument or the results. I just did a similar search and found interesting and on point commentary. Try "compare contrast KKK NRA" in any less commercially driven search engine.

Beretta92FSLady

Michael Moore, in "Bowling For Columbine" compared the NRA to the KKK. Whether it is the case or not, I suppose there are people on both sides that would argue their so-called 'facts.'

Tawnos

Any of you who use MSN's Bing search engine may find this interesting. I was interested in a finding a concealed carry hoodie and had heard of the NRA hoodie, so I put "NRA hoodie" in the search block to see what I could find. No direct link to the NRA store came up, just alot of stories about them offering them. Imagine my surprise when I looked in the upper left hand corner of the page at the "related searches" portion and the only two presented were "Klan T-Shirts" and "Klu Klux Klan Shirts". Now, I am not the greatest fan of the NRA(I don't agree with all their actions), but I don't see how the could be "related" to the Klan. I find it interesting that MSN does.

To further experiment, I put in the search term "Pu**y A** Cracker", in reference to the T-shirts being sold in FL. Just links to news stories came up and no negative "related searches" came up for that one.

Some NRA member might want to pass this info along to them, I can't see them wanting their name equated to a racist group.

I have reported this to the Bing team. This could very well be a search-bombing campaign.

The way stuff like this happens is often the same way "miserable failure" used to link to Bush's profile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb

davidmcbeth

Banned
well the NRA does support gun control measures .... I don't know the KKK's position -- they may be greater champions of the 2nd amend than the NRA.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

No, it's a bug caused by either intentional manipulation or emergent algorithmic behavior.
"emergent algorithmic behavior" = unintended consequences. Sounds like a feature gone awry, and not a bug. Maybe an invincible bug indistinguishable from its dung ball.

jbone

And this is coming from a news organization that lives for the party that built and used the KKK against Blacks. And now uses the New Black Panthers, and Union Thug trash to Terrorize. OMG they're idiots!

Story by story, the left is writing their past and present evil doings and true hatred for America out of History by filing young minds this type of BS. Can you imagine the history books school children would be reading by the end of 2016 if that A-hole were not voted out in 2012?

Last edited:

Tawnos

And this is coming from a news organization that lives for the party that built and used the KKK against Blacks. And now uses the New Black Panthers, and Union Thug trash to Terrorize. OMG they're idiots!

Story by story, the left is writing their past and present evil doings and true hatred for America out of History by filing young minds this type of BS. Can you imagine the history books school children would be reading by the end of 2016 if that A-hole were not voted out in 2012?

Time to place your bet in Vegas that Obama will lose.

"emergent algorithmic behavior" = unintended consequences. Sounds like a feature gone awry, and not a bug. Maybe an invincible bug indistinguishable from its dung ball.
Unintended consequences = a bug. Could be a spec bug, could be an implementation one. Either way, I'm trying to get traction with the team to get this fixed asap.

jbone

Time to place your bet in Vegas that Obama will lose.

I'd never bet money on politics, way too shady for my available pennies. If had bet on ObamaCare never becoming law I would have lost my shorts. I’d have bet Harry was dried up and done in NV I’d lost my spare shorts. I recall hearing how SEIU had worked on the voting machines in NV!
I’m not putting it past this Administration to break every voting law on the books this next time round, this election is for his dictatorship. He won’t loss fairly; he will do everything he can to win illegally, and that may be the sure bet.

Beretta92FSLady

I'd never bet money on politics, way too shady for my available pennies. If had bet on ObamaCare never becoming law I would have lost my shorts. I’d have bet Harry was dried up and done in NV I’d lost my spare shorts. I recall hearing how SEIU had worked on the voting machines in NV!
I’m not putting it past this Administration to break every voting law on the books this next time round, this election is for his dictatorship. He won’t loss fairly; he will do everything he can to win illegally, and that may be the sure bet.

I take it you just talked yourself out of showing up to the voting booth this election. As you stated, it will be a waste of time.

jbone

I take it you just talked yourself out of showing up to the voting booth this election. As you stated, it will be a waste of time.

You are correct, I will not be showing myself at any voting booths, I will as I have for the past 24+ years be voting on an absentee ballot and mailing it in, for Romney of course!

Beretta92FSLady

You are correct, I will not be showing myself at any voting booths, I will as I have for the past 24+ years be voting on an absentee ballot and mailing it in, for Romney of course!

Lazy-butt! I will be doing my usual handful of votes throughout the city.