• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So this is what your CCW badge if for.....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...The dog story (via link provided) was kind of comical by the end, though.

dog story said:
The younger woman pouted. She said she shouldn’t be arrested because the officer had lied to her. She told him he needed to work on his people skills....

What? You mean police officers are allowed to lie to get you to admit things or to get you into their presence?

Set

What? You mean police officers are allowed to lie to get you to admit things or to get you into their presence?

Yes, I assume so. I was watching a show on TruTv once where a local PD took a list of current people with outstanding arrest warrants. They then sent them some bogus thing in the mail (posing as a raffle they never even entered) saying they won some free tickets to some major sports event. They had to call the special phone number to arrange a time to pick up their winnings however. So one by one they called in to the station and they made appointments with anyone willing to come in and set them all up on the same day 30 minutes apart.

When they came in, it looked fairly legit to someone with a low IQ and SA skills (ie: it wasn't as the PD, they were undercover etc).

They acted for about a minute to calm the people down into thinking it was legit then all of a sudden be like, "You're under arrest" haha.

Think they got 25-30% of the ones they sent out or something, was worth it in the end they said.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Something must be in the water....

Police imposter "arrests" two at Prosser funeral

PROSSER, Wash. — Investigators here continue to connect the dots in a strange case in which a man suspected of posing as a police officer Friday tried to arrest two people during a funeral.

The 26-year-old Prosser suspect even flagged down real police officers for help, said Det. Mark Cole of the Prosser Police Department.

"It's just an unusual case, it's something you would hear in a big city," Cole said. "It's a strange one."
Full Story

Lately there are some real idiots running a muck!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Yes, police are under no obligation to tell you the truth. This includes during interrogation even if your attorney is present. Don't talk to police!!

amlevin

Yes, I assume so. I was watching a show on TruTv once where a local PD took a list of current people with outstanding arrest warrants. They then sent them some bogus thing in the mail (posing as a raffle they never even entered) saying they won some free tickets to some major sports event. They had to call the special phone number to arrange a time to pick up their winnings however. So one by one they called in to the station and they made appointments with anyone willing to come in and set them all up on the same day 30 minutes apart.

When they came in, it looked fairly legit to someone with a low IQ and SA skills (ie: it wasn't as the PD, they were undercover etc).

They acted for about a minute to calm the people down into thinking it was legit then all of a sudden be like, "You're under arrest" haha.

Think they got 25-30% of the ones they sent out or something, was worth it in the end they said.

Tacoma PD ran one of these "stings" several years ago. Sent letters to those with warrants telling them they won a trip to Hawaii and invited them to the Tacoma Dome to pick up the "prize". The "prize" was an arrest and the "trip" was to the local jail. Sure saved a lot of time and money by not having to chase them down individually.

amzbrady

I may be way off base, but it would seem if you were to wear a badge it could be construed as impersonating an officer. It just doesnt seem like a good idea, not to mention how expensive they are.

Maybe whats even harder for me to wrap my head around is, why conceal carry to hide a firearm if your going to advertize, why not just open carry especially since it is so much more comfortable?

http://www.popguns.com/badge/washington.htm

tombrewster421

I may be way off base, but it would seem if you were to wear a badge it could be construed as impersonating an officer. It just doesnt seem like a good idea, not to mention how expensive they are.

Maybe whats even harder for me to wrap my head around is, why conceal carry to hide a firearm if your going to advertize, why not just open carry especially since it is so much more comfortable?

http://www.popguns.com/badge/washington.htm

I think it may be a statement for people in states that don't allow open carry.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
In a CC only state wear this.

texas_concealed_carry_2_yes_i_am_dark_letters_tshirt-p235016308245693597z7tqq_400.jpg